WnSoft Forums

PTE to EXE - file

cead

Who can help me?

When I see one of my productions as preview on the PTE program it runs completely smoothly.

After making an exe-file, a section of this jerks and stutters.

Is the pte-file not always transferred '1 on 1' to the exe-file?

Regards,

Frans

Frans,

As an experiment, can you try to rebuild the slide without the Mask in some way?

In a recent PM discussion with Igor there was a suggestion about a future Version/Beta dealing better with the effects of Masks - maybe when he returns.

In the meantime try minimising the use of masks?

DG

Hi Frans,

That issue was never resolved and is still present in 7.5. I updated the link which Xaver pointed to and what it demonstrates is that in certain conditions, the video will perform correctly while the exe file is quite jerky.

In older versions, the "preview" would play my animation smoothly while the exe would not. In 7.5 neither the preview nor the exe plays smoothly but a video plays fine. I think there is still a problem resolving quick animations under a mask and even when there is no mask under certain conditions.

In my fire simulation, each frame is a very quick time (.11 sec) with no transition. The exe simply can't handle it smoothly. In the much older versions of PTE (4.0 and earlier) it was not a problem at all, but with version 5 and above there are issues with anything faster than about 100 ms.

Best regards,

Lin

That issue was never resolved and is still present in 7.5.

It is also a fact that in particular situations v7.x is slower than earlier versions. The reason is that since v7 mipmapping is always switched on. This feature can be switched off in v.6.

Regards,

Xaver