WnSoft Forums

Time offset also for audio tracks

uuderzo

I miss a function to easily offset forward/backward all (or single) audio tracks with all the audio clips that they contain. This would allow me to re-accomodate all synchronized audio when i insert a new slide at the beginning of the project.

Moreover, it would be cool to offset all audio clips that begin after the moved/inserted slide (maybe with option to deactivate the feature)

Umberto

You can drag all clips in a track in parallel using the shift key.

Regards,

Xaver

Doh! I always tried to multi select all clips with shift key and never being able to.

Good to know!

Anyway, if i know that i will insert a 2 seconds slide, it would be useful to numerically specify a 2 seconds audio track offset.

Thank you! Umberto

Anyway, if i know that i will insert a 2 seconds slide, it would be useful to numerically specify a 2 seconds audio track offset.

This would be another function to be maintained which may not be used very often. By expanding the timeline you can easily drag the clips on the level of milliseconds. The time box indicates the position of the start of the first clip (if this one has been highlighted).

Regards,

Xaver

If you have more than one clip in a track - LOCK the track - go to CUSTOMIZE Clip - OFFSET first clip by exact amount required - all clips move by same amount.

Doing it in this way seems to be better than using the mouse! You do not even need to lock the track. Only the offset of the first clip is absolute, all others are given relative to the predecessors. These relative offsets remain invariant. In the same way you can shift some clip in the middle and all its successors at the same time.

Regards,

Xaver

Correct Xaver,

To do it with the mouse you have to SHIFT and Drag - using Customize clip they are already Locked or relative.

Not intuitive - that's why I suggested Lock Track.

DG

Well, the feature appears to be already implemented, but in a different way than i expected.

Not straightforward but now i can shift all my clips without pain!

Thank you DG and Xaver!

Umberto