WnSoft Forums

LS Lowry Matchstalk Man My Way.

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

All the links from my posts have been removed & substituted by DG's link as below.

Yachtsman1

The plot thickens, only the link in Dg's post works, I'm getting an IE roror cannot display this page??? :blink:/>/>

Yachtsman1.

link removed by author, PM me if you want the link.

Guest Yachtsman1

No that doesn't work either, just takes me to the Youtube library, I click the "watch video" link & get a Windows cant open, search the web for a solution.

I've created a short test show. I will upload that with nothing changed & see what happens.

Yachtsman1.

PS tomorrow. :ph34r:/>

Guest Yachtsman1

Uploaded quicker than I thought it would. This is the link to a PTE test show to see if the previous problems with the original link happen again.

Yachtsman1.

link removed by author, PM me if you want the link.

It appears to work for me, direct from here or via Youtube. :blink:/> :blink:/> :blink:/>

Guest Yachtsman1

it played the Mersey clip but when it ended i have the 12 squares to choose from so who knows what the next person will get

why dont you try just putting an url up?

ken

edit -- the mersey is on the screen again

Hi Ken

The pictorial image is what you get when you post a Youtube URL on here or anywhere else, when the show ends you get the Youtube commercial of what they think you would like to see. It sounds like the test show works as it should.

If you remember I lost the link to my main Youtube account when I cleared my cookies & I have never been able to retrieve it. The account with Matchstalk Man & the test show is one I set up a couple of years ago & has my well remembered normal log in. Both shows don't use the PTE Youtube publish file route, they are PTE Publish video file & then uploaded manually.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Maybe someone knows more about this?

My first link (URL) was copied and pasted in a Firefox browser.

My second link (URL) was copied and pasted in a Safari browser.

The Safari link produces an unexpected result in the Firefox browser.

See my edited post above - #29.

DG

This is a funny thread, isn't it? Someone has started it in order to show us how to insert images on top of a running video, but everybody is talking about links to YouTube (where we can find a video that does not show the effect) :)/>/>

By the way, the method described here obviously works, but in my opinion it isn't a clever one. Having the video and all still images in one slide, while working with key frames and opacity, will cause a lot of trouble in case you want to make changes to time points when particular images show up or vanish. It might be better to have the video in several consecutive slides, the first one as Master video track, with the followers linked to it. In this situation you can show additional images via normal transitions, and transition points can be easily shifted.

Regards,

Xaver

Guest Yachtsman1

Maybe you should read all the thread before trying to score points> WWTW :rolleyes:/>

From post one (I didn't fully comprehend all the suggestions, that's why it's called "My Way". Hopefully it will help someone else who wants to do something similar, hopefully with better quality images. It just goes to show there's more than one way to skin a cat.)

Yachtsman1