WnSoft Forums

Movement of Audio Tracks (together)

goddi

Greetings,

Maybe it can be done now, but I can not see how. I have 3 audio tracks that I have positioned just right, except that I want to nudge them slightly, as a group, without interupting the careful crossfading and customization that I have made to all of the audio tracks.

So my suggestion is to be able to highlight the audio tracks (as we can do with files) and then use the mouse or arrow keys to move them all together as one track. Perhaps there could be an specific amount of time that can be selected to move the selected tracks per left/right arrow click.

Gary

Greetings,

Maybe it can be done now, but I can not see how. I have 3 audio tracks that I have positioned just right, except that I want to nudge them slightly, as a group, without interupting the careful crossfading and customization that I have made to all of the audio tracks.

So my suggestion is to be able to highlight the audio tracks (as we can do with files) and then use the mouse or arrow keys to move them all together as one track. Perhaps there could be an specific amount of time that can be selected to move the selected tracks per left/right arrow click.

Gary

I had a similar issue. It's not straightforward, but you can lock the audio track then move a single audio clip to drag the entire track.

There is a different behavior between slides and audio elements management that makes me feel keeping the feet in two shoes... but that's it at the moment. :)

Greetings! Umberto

I had a similar issue. It's not straightforward, but you can lock the audio track then move a single audio clip to drag the entire track.

There is a different behavior between slides and audio elements management that makes me feel keeping the feet in two shoes... but that's it at the moment. smile.gif

Greetings! Umberto

====================

Umberto,

I had tried that. Once the audio track is locked, nothing can be moved. I am using 7.5. It would be nice to be able to highlight individual audio files on a track (with Ctrl-mouseclick) and be able to move them as one unit.

Gary

What we need is to be able to lock audio clips on different tracks together.

And also to be able to lock them with a particular group of images.

For now double click a clip to go to the Project options window.

Select customise & then use the offset to nudge it the required amount.

So for 3 tracks you need to do this 3 times, once for each track.

Note. It does move all the clips (to the right of the selected clip) in that track but it does work & keeps the relationship between the clips. Much easier & more accurate than trying to move by hand.

Jill

====================

Once the audio track is locked, nothing can be moved. I am using 7.5. It would be nice to be able to highlight individual audio files on a track (with Ctrl-mouseclick) and be able to move them as one unit.

Gary

Hold Shift & then drag.

Jill

Hold Shift & then drag.

Jill

======================

Jill,

Yes, I know that if the track is locked, holding the shift key will release the 'lock' on a single audio file and you can then drag that single audio file. But...what I want is to be able to highlight several audio files and be able to move them together as a group. And, as you suggested, this should be able to be done with audio files on several audio tracks.

Gary