WnSoft Forums

Custom Transitions?

tom95521

Dave,

You can do crop, then move the object anywhere you want via PanX/PanY, right?

If custom transition is 16:9 then yes, it is always 1280:720. But it doesn't matter, since custom transition will adjust to the size of project it used in.

Artem

Right,

But when you move the cropped objects they look OK until animated. The animation is not then the same as in slices.

I will try again - have you tried it??

I had worries about the resolution of the Custom Transition but the Slices worked out OK so I guess that you are right!!

I have also tried the Custom Transitions at different speeds and they are OK - I have also applied Zoom etc to the Slide1 and Slide2 in a Project and that works OK.

DG

IMPROVED SLICES CUSTOM TRANSITIONS

Attached below is a ZIP File containing the improved SLICES Custom Transitions.

Also included is a short EXE showing both transitions.

The zoom is maintained throughout each of the Transitions (but is not an integral part of the Custom Transition). The Custom Transitions use Masks.

The EXE is 1920x1080 and is only guaranteed to work at that res. Smooth as silk on my PC

DG

Attachment removed - see later post.

Tom,

I have taken the Rotation to the maximum allowed by PTE. It is the only way to avoid/lessen the Perspective problem. 22.5 deg as opposed to 90 deg.

Slicebox seems to be doing what it says on the tin - it is creating x number of slices and rotating them separately - we cannot do that inside of PTE because of the perspective "problem".

It is possible that if Igor can get the CANVAS crop to work without moving the cropped image to the centre that effects such as those seen in SLICEBOX can be achieved.

Feel free to play around with it but please change the name so as not to confuse anyone?

BTW mine work nicely at 4 seconds transition time.

DG

The transition refered to above was more of a technical excercise than a serious attempt at a Custom Transition.

The further back that I took the Rotational Point the more the Transition looked like a PUSH transition.

Nevertheless it unearthed a limitation in the Pan Z (Minus) control which Artem has agreed to correct in the next Patch.

(Thanks Artem).

DG