WnSoft Forums

Video Clip Frame Rate Doubles in PTE??? (Worked around)

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I've downloaded quite a few video clips (over 50)from Youtube and used them in PTE 7.07 with no problems. I've just downloaded another & for some reason when I insert it into PTE the frame rate doubles, which speeds the action but doesn't reduce the run time. Same thing happens with insertng raw or converted clips. The only difference from my past downloads, I updated my downloader. The original download shows the correct frame rate. Any ideas anyone. :unsure:/>/>/> :unsure:/>/>/> :unsure:/>/>/> :(/>/>/>

V1 shows the data on the original download, V2 shows the data on the file inserted into PTE without conversion, V3 shows the data after conversion by PTE, I've tried the conversion twice using the auto (default) and the progressive interlace modes, not sure what fields A & B are which are the other two options.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-00901300-1355328551_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-83277600-1355328571_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-92509100-1355328592_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

I'm not understanding how it's possible to "speed the action" without reducing the run time?? I can't visualize this. Normally, a faster frame rate conversion from a slower frame rate without affecting run time would only be possible by simply doubling each frame. If one doubled the frame rate without reducing run time then it would seem that the last frame would simply be displayed for approximately half the total time of the video.

Are you certain that it hasn't just gone from an interlaced to a progressive format?

Could you explain in a little more detail the actual effect of the video when played back? How does the appearance differ?

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

I'm not understanding how it's possible to "speed the action" without reducing the run time?? I can't visualize this. Normally, a faster frame rate conversion from a slower frame rate without affecting run time would only be possible by simply doubling each frame. If one doubled the frame rate without reducing run time then it would seem that the last frame would simply be displayed for approximately half the total time of the video.

Could you explain in a little more detail the actual effect of the video when played back?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

I know it sounds like another senior moment, but it isn't. The sound on the original & the converted clip sounds normal, however, the action is speeded up, it could be double speed, difficult to tell. The two clip run times are identical in PTE & WMP (4m20s)in the data & actual screen time, got me baffled.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Update on the above, I've just downloaded two different clips to check if my downloader had thrown a wobbler, but it's fine & the two clips show no tendency to speed up. I also re-downloaded the original clip but at a lower quality, FLV, the original was MP4, the second clip shows the same problem, doubled frame rate. I think this is one for Igor???

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

What is the frame rate on the downloaded Tango - Roxanne? I downloaded it and the frame rate is 29.917 fps. I converted it with PTE 7.5 and the converted AVI frame rate was 29.917 fps as well. Both played normally on my system (Win XP).

Are you saying that if you "convert" the original, which has a 29.917 fps frame rate with the PTE conversion feature in pure default mode without changing anything, the frame rate on the AVI becomes 59.75 fps ?

What I still can't understand is how it's possible for the action to be sped up with no change in the overall time and no periods of zero activity. If you walk a mile in 15 minutes (the 15 minutes being the length of your video) then you double your speed for that distance you will cover the mile in 7.5 minutes (the length of your video) unless you stop somewhere either one time for 7.5 minutes or after each step or after 10 steps or 100 steps, etc., but you have to stop or you will cover the mile in 7.5 minutes. Having the action sped up without changing the length of the video and no stops defies the laws of physics. There "must" be something else going on that you are not yet seeing.

Best regards,

Lin

Update on the above, I've just downloaded two different clips to check if my downloader had thrown a wobbler, but it's fine & the two clips show no tendency to speed up. I also re-downloaded the original clip but at a lower quality, FLV, the original was MP4, the second clip shows the same problem, doubled frame rate. I think this is one for Igor???

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

Firstly, I'm using 7.07, which I stated in my first post. The initial download which is shown in V1 of my first post, the frame rate is normal. When I insert the clip into PTE without converting, the frame rate doubles see V2, if I then remove the clip from PTE, then re-insert it allowing PTE to convert it at its default setting the frame rate doubles & the file size expands.

You seem as though you don't believe me? What I suggest is if you want to run with this I will publish an exe with just the converted clip, upload it to Mediafire & let you have the link, however, before I do that, do you want me to include anything else in the zip file, the bones of the show has various trial stills & clips from my camera, I don't think they will make much difference other than bloat the uplaod, but I will be guided by you.

BTW my YouTube downloader is YTD Downloader. I will be up until midnight UK time. What I would say is why is the sound not speeding up? I haven't run the speeded up clip to the end, I will do that now & see if the pictures stop before the sound, maybe you could reciprocate by uploading your raw clip to Mediafire so that I can see if it works OK on my system.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Put the speeded up video through PTE optimization and I am guessing all will come good. This is the issue I experienced in the early days of beta testing PTE when video was introduced. Not until the video was optimized would it run correctly. Used straight from the Canon 5D the video looked like the keystone cops

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

I have run both clips through to the end, the original download runs the full 4m20s, the PTE conversions pictures stop at 2m10s and the sound runs to the end???.

In the meantime I will re-download an original at the YT default of MP4.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

O.K., now it is making sense ... There had to be a logical explanation because it's not possible to have the frame rate doubled and the length of the video remain constant (in such a case the video action would be sped up) unless frames were being duplicated and if this were the case there would be no speed up of the visual - it would look almost identical to the slower frame rate.

So what is happening is that the 7.01 converter is doubling the frame rate and, of course, the video stops at half the expected display time while the audio is unaffected. My suggestion would be to send a link to the video to Igor and let him determine the problem with the conversion.

If you just want to get your project done, use 7.5 because it appears to work perfectly with this download. I did notice, however, that the original download has a bit of what appears to be vertical stretching which "may" indicate that there is a problem with the original video which "might" be somehow connected with the issue you are experiencing.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

I have run both clips through to the end, the original download runs the full 4m20s, the PTE conversions pictures stop at 2m10s and the sound runs to the end???.

In the meantime I will re-download an original at the YT default of MP4.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

As I've just said to BB I don't want to start using 7.5 yet as I'm in the middle of a series of 12 shows all in 7.07, as they would have to be converted to 7.5 before using in a menu, with all the associated hassle. I will download the original default again & see what happens, good clip though???

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Put the speeded up video through PTE optimization and I am guessing all will come good. This is the issue I experienced in the early days of beta testing PTE when video was introduced. Not until the video was optimized would it run correctly. Used straight from the Canon 5D the video looked like the keystone cops

Suggest you read all the previous posts instead of giving a knee jerk reaction.

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

Just use 7.5 to convert the clip, then load the clip in 7.1.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

As I've just said to BB I don't want to start using 7.5 yet as I'm in the middle of a series of 12 shows all in 7.07, as they would have to be converted to 7.5 before using in a menu, with all the associated hassle. I will download the original default again & see what happens, good clip though???

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Lin I've now downloaded the clip again, once at the standard FLV rate & once at the MP4 rate. Both clips show the corresct frame rate outside PTE, both double the frame rate when inserted in PTE & when inserted allowing PTE to convert. The screen shots are in sequence. I have a couple of video converters, I will try to convert them to another format & see what that produces. The reason I'm persisting with this clip, it fits what I want perfectly & if you can make it work inside 7.5, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't in 7.07 like the previous 50 odd I've downloaded. Did you download it in MP4 format?

Off to bed shortly.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-25760500-1355355647_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-95646600-1355355673_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-50505000-1355355695_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-26433600-1355355725_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-31378800-1355355743_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

I downloaded the MP4 and just converted it with 7.5. Why don't you just use 7.5 to convert it - just because it is converted in 7.5 doesn't mean there will be any reason why you can't just drop it in 7.01 and play it?. It's incredibly easy to do this...

Best regards,

Lin

Lin I've now downloaded the clip again, once at the standard FLV rate & once at the MP4 rate. Both clips show the corresct frame rate outside PTE, both double the frame rate when inserted in PTE & when inserted allowing PTE to convert. The screen shots are in sequence. I have a couple of video converters, I will try to convert them to another format & see what that produces. The reason I'm persisting with this clip, it fits what I want perfectly & if you can make it work inside 7.5, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't in 7.07 like the previous 50 odd I've downloaded. Did you download it in MP4 format?

Off to bed shortly.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

Couldn't sleep so I converted it in Video Pad to an AVI & it works :P . While I was at it I also converted it to black & white, which is the theme of the show, I also noted in the effects of VP it could be converted to "Old Movie" style. Just finished that & it's unusable, too much movement, just shakes the picture around. You can also convert to negative which could give some interesting effects, may try that tomorrow. Definately off to bed now, I'll get around to 7.5 when my current batch is finished, thanks for the help.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :)/>