WnSoft Forums

The Wall - About 500 Video Screens Playing Simultaneously

Lin Evans

Well, how to spend the day after Christmas.... A Video Wall Room with nearly 500 video screens playing simultaneously while a rotating video cube with six videos takes center stage. Built entirely in PTE. Just pushing the limits to see if it could be done. It's been done before by some others with Adobe After Effects plus using several other software selections, but PTE is pretty special and it just took some thought about how to proceed and not overtax my system. Here's a Youtube link - Barry, your demo is in there somewhere too - LOL..

Optimized Windows Exe (about 125 meg download)

Video Wall Executable Link

Lin

Hi,

I'm loading an updated version now - will be correcting the original link as soon as it is updated in about a half hour. Improved room design, etc. Sorry for the inconvenience... Original Link Now Corrected and Live...

Best regards,

Lin

This video has been removed by the user? Message I got when clicking the link.

Hi Tom,

Yes, sometimes it overwhelms the CPU and GPU so video makes more sense. The nice thing about video is that it can be used as an iterative tool to limit the load on the system. This allows building very complex animations which will run even on limited resource systems.

Best regards,

Lin

Nice Lin. Video rendering is great for those projects that are too big for .exe format. Maybe Igor should add an optimize .exe for screen size option. I know we can use videobuilder to create a 720p or 1080p video and then import it back into PTE.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Ken,

Thanks! It would be nice if I could get a few of these "channels" at home. I only get one channel which is worthwhile. I get three revival channels in Spanish, one in English and "ION" which plays mostly re-run detective shows. My "Rabbit Ears" just doesn't do it. Maybe some day I'll get cable - LOL.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin

great job

title could have been " A BOXING DAY SPECIAL BY PICT TO EXE - A WALL OF MOVING BOXES " )

KEN

Hi Andrew,

Thanks! Actually you could do it, it's not that difficult - just takes some time. I have one request on YouTube for a tutorial and am thinking about the best way to proceed with perhaps doing one. The primary features of PTE which make this possible are the "parent/child" relationships, the ability to easily and visually move the center of rotation, and the ability to apply 3D transforms with all three (X, Y and Z) axis to all objects including video clips.

The most time consuming part is collecting and formatting the over 100 videos used to create the initial wall. Making small FLV videos with a freeware Video to Flash converter and doing some cropping using the freeware version of Video Pad Video Editor greatly facilitated the construction of the screen. The built-in totally adjustable grid in PTE made alignment a breeze and the ability to create and totally manipulate the color and dimensions of "frames" made constructing the dividers very straight-forward. I already have published the template and tutorial for constructing the cube including adding live video to each face so this project can be done in "stages" with the created components assembled and adjusted for the final exe or video output.

Best regards,

Lin

Thats just so cool Lin. Love it - couldnt do it.