WnSoft Forums

Rocket

tom95521

Previously named Space. Just a couple of transitions with rocket boosters to move the slides. It turns out animating a cone of ionized gas and mach discs is not that easy. Not for your normal slideshow.smile.gif

16:9 Demo

Rocket1Rocket2_demo.zip

Rocket1

rocket1.zip

Rocket2

rocket2.zip

Thanks,

Tom

http://youtu.be/t6a0u0pNHDA

Hi Tom,

I wonder if it would be possible to use short video clips for part of the transition animation? If so, I have software to create realistic rocket propulsion ... I'll look into the possibilities and get back to you....

Later: Just looked into it and it works great... I'll make a Rocket exhaust video and maybe you can use it. The only problem is that right now it will have to be used with a custom mask because PTE doesn't support the Alpha Channel yet. So to make one without a background showing we need Alpha Channel support or contained in a mask...

Here ya go.... zipped mask and rocketexhaust avi

Link To Files

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Tom,

That's a shame that they dropped their lower priced program - Particleillusion really is the best particle generator around - has been used on numerous multi-million dollar movies and also many television shows.

I suspect it's a result of GenArts purchasing Wondertouch. They also took the developer (Alan Lorence) and gave him a cush job at GenArts but larger companies are all about money so they tend to "trim" any programs which appear to not be making them rich. Lots of other software incorporate Particleillusion in their own code so maybe Motion might do it.

Best regards,

Lin