WnSoft Forums

Problem with Clipboard [SOLVED]

xahu34

• I have two PTE-projects on my HD (v7.5.2).
  • I care for a "clean" Windows clipboard (no PTE slide on the clipboard)
  • I open Project 1
  • I open Project 2
  • I highlight a slide in the slide list of Project 1, and copy it to the clipboard

In this situation, it is impossible for me to paste the copied slide to some place in the same Project 1. In order to do that, I have to close Project 2 first and copy the highlighted slide again.

Regards,

Xaver

THAT used to be the Hawk method, but there was a recent change that negated that feature

so search for a recent "hawk method" entry

shame to lose that feature

Forget about the Hawk method. I know about it, and there is no need for me to search for it. This method was based on the fact that each instance of PTE had its own internal clipboard for copying and pasting slides. V7.5 works in a completely different way: Now the general Windows clipboard is used, and on my system the access to the Windows clipboard shows a strange behavior, as described above.

Regards,

Xaver

This problem happens when clipboard was empty before you run PicturesToExe and you run two instances of PicturesToExe.

For me, in order to see the said effect, the clipboard may be empty, but it must not be empty. It also "works" in cases where I copy some contents to the clipboard using other applications (LibreOffice, Text editor, Firefox, ...), different from PTE, and do it before opening the two instances of PTE. I think that the condition is that there must not be some PTE slide on the clipboard. I called this "clean" in post no. 1.

Regards,

Xaver

A remark on the so-called Hawk Method:

This method still works, it has not been negated. But we have to face the fact that this "method" was nothing but a horrible workaround, as with former versions of PTE there was no chance to copy slides from one open project to another project being open at the same time. Presently we have the small bug that has been reported in this thread. Once it will be fixed, copying slides across projects (now simultaneously open) will work in a way that is much more user friendly than with the older versions of PTE. The Hawk Method did its job, but the change was overdue.

Regards,

Xaver

• 2 weeks later...