WnSoft Forums

Video Codecs

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I recently dipped my toe into the screen capture software fountain. I have tried 3 versions, Camtasia 8 came out head & shoulders above the three I tried. Unfortunately PTE's video conversion system (7.07) will not accept any of those I have tried without upsetting the original video to the extent that it becomes unusable without running the video through a third party software. So what I'm asking for is for PTE to increase the range of video codecs it accepts & to include videos from video capture software. Camtasia now records at 30FPS giving a much clearer picture than the others I have seen, I believe the codec is TSC2.

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

If you make an MP4 with Camtasia, it loses the audio recording for some reason. MP4's in Debut & Blackberry, PTE won't accept (blue icon), if you then convert to AVI in video pad Debut & BB are accepted but the quality is poor.

Yachtsman1.

one of the g'kids got a gopro hero 3 for xmas - the video output is mp4 - tried to put them into 7.5.2 -- no go -- i had to convert them to xvid/avi's -- the audio did not work in the show then it did work and has worked ever since [the audio of the files did work when played outside of the program - both the mp4's and the xvid/avi's]

made the resulting video into a iphone 4 compatible mp4

have not had time to try and insert pte made mp4 into a show

tried to find more info on the original mp4's but had no luck

ken

I recently dipped my toe into the screen capture software fountain. I have tried 3 versions, Camtasia 8 came out head & shoulders above the three I tried. Unfortunately PTE's video conversion system (7.07) will not accept any of those I have tried without upsetting the original video to the extent that it becomes unusable without running the video through a third party software. So what I'm asking for is for PTE to increase the range of video codecs it accepts & to include videos from video capture software. Camtasia now records at 30FPS giving a much clearer picture than the others I have seen, I believe the codec is TSC2.

Yachtsman1

Did you try "WM Capture" v6.0.4 (28 April 2012)?

I use this one, after trying Camtasia and others.

Video till 50 fps, 12000 kbps, MPEG-4(AVI) or MPEG-2.

Audio till 384 kbps.

Excellent results.

A suggestion for a free video converter: SUPER v2012.build 54 (Nov 18, 2012) by eRightSoft.

This is the far best video converter, the one I use to get M2TS files (Blu-Ray class) at 60 fps progressive (which is a frame rate that does not exist on BD...!) No other converter can do it!

In fact, when I publish my PTE projects in HD video for PC (1920x1080, 60 fps p, Two-passes, 23000 kbps, audio 320 kbps, 48 KHz, Stereo), I use SUPER to get correspondent M2TS file, in order to save and play them in my Media Player (Popcorn Hour A-210, which clearly "prefer" such M2TS files). Result is super!

Regards,

Jose

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Jose & BB.

Jose

In answer to your queries, I have never heard of some of the software you mentioned, I just tried what I found with a quick search in Google. of the best two I tried Camtasia seemed the most user friendly so I am concentrating on using that, Thanks for the suggestions.

BB

When I made the post, that was one of my first trials with Camtasia, since then I have made MP4's with system sounds that drop straight into PTE 7.07. so it was early days when I said that. However if I allow PTE to convert them, the file size shoots up so I used the raw file from Camtasia.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-76850900-1357802946_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-36829700-1357802965_thumb.jp