WnSoft Forums

O.K. - Last One - Couple Twists...

Lin Evans

Guest Yachtsman1

Lin

Maybe one more with the separate screens opening singly one at a time in the grid over the ship vid, give me a few years & I'll show you how ;)/>

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Hey Eric,

That wouldn't be too hard to do except it would take some time. There are two ways to approach it, but the easiest way would be to make a mask and just "sweep it across the screen. The "best," but more involved way, would be to make a matrix "mask," set the individual screens each in its own mask and keyframe the individual start times. Probably more work than it's worth unless one were doing if for a major motion picture where they can spend a couple weeks and thousands of dollars for a single effect. There are 128 individual displays on each wall so it would require 128 masks each with an individual opacity change from zero to 100%. On the "distributed" screen one would need to mask each individual screen. On the individual displays the masks wouldn't be necessary and it would be possible to just turn the opacity off for all to start and sequence the "100 % opacity" with three keyframes for each video.

You're coming along well with getting the hang of it so probably after watching the tutorial set could do it without too much difficulty.

Best regards,

Lin

Hey Tom,

Thanks!

Of course I don't mind - that's why I put them out there! LOL

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I downloaded the 720p version to my iPad so I could watch it over and over (hope you don't mind). It's much smoother playback that way. Amazing what PTE can do in the right hands.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Lin

Great piece of work. I've been trying to get to grips with creative commons licenses, but must admit to some confusion. The situation I have in mind is a photographic competition where all the accepted images are put into PTE shows, placed on a CD and then sent free of charge to all the entrants as a type of catalogue. 1) Is there a licenses to cover this and 2) Is there a cost. I'm hoping that as you use this type of license on Youtube you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your time

Geoff

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

Great piece of work. I've been trying to get to grips with creative commons licenses, but must admit to some confusion. The situation I have in mind is a photographic competition where all the accepted images are put into PTE shows, placed on a CD and then sent free of charge to all the entrants as a type of catalogue. 1) Is there a licenses to cover this and 2) Is there a cost. I'm hoping that as you use this type of license on Youtube you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your time

Geoff

Hi Geoff

I've used YouTube a lot & their policeing system is S*** hot, they will pick up anything that smells of copyright. However it is usually up to the person uploading the material to agree to their findings then accept them, which leaves you wide open to litigation from the copyright holder (usually music orientated). In a number of instances I've bitten the bullet & allowed the material to remain on there. In one instance I queried YouTube flagging up of my Wilfred Owen's War show as the tracks I used were copyright free, after two weeks I got an email from YT confirming my stance & the show is on there without flags. Mediafire & Dropbox have the same policy, but don't enforce them unless they receive a complaint. If your club is affiliated to the IAC, the licences are cheap. Sorry to hijack your thread Lin

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1