WnSoft Forums

Posting about Software? Yes or no?

goddi

Peter,

In a recent posting by you, you stated that this Forum is not about Photography. I wish you would recant that or explain what you mean. It is like having an automobile forum and not allowed to talk about tires. It made me look at your two 'Pinned' postings on the purpose of this section, "Equipment and Software." After going back and forth between the two Pinned postings by you in this section, I think the first Pinned posting revised the second Pinned posting, where you state, "Please DO NOT post here about Software." If I read this right, this second Pinned posting should be deleted?

And, hopefully, we can post questions about using and how to use different software programs to prepare images/video for PTE? Perhaps, a new section can be introduced on "Preparing images/video for PTE"?

Gary

Gary,

Once upon a time, a long time ago, there were two distinct sections of this forum: one headed Software and one headed Equipment. At some point in time, these were combined and all topics came under the one merged heading that we have today. I did not carry out that process of merging the two sections into one. Therefore I cannot be held responsible for what is now found in the single section.

Whether, as a moderator, I could do anything about it or not is academic because I have resigned my commission. I am no longer a moderator. I no longer use the userid fh1805. As of today, I am applying for membership of the "silent majority".

Peter

Gary,

Once upon a time, a long time ago, there were two distinct sections of this forum: one headed Software and one headed Equipment. At some point in time, these were combined and all topics came under the one merged heading that we have today. I did not carry out that process of merging the two sections into one. Therefore I cannot be held responsible for what is now found in the single section.

Whether, as a moderator, I could do anything about it or not is academic because I have resigned my commission. I am no longer a moderator. I no longer use the userid fh1805. As of today, I am applying for membership of the "silent majority".

Peter

==========================================

Peter,

Welcome to the "silent majority". Thanks for your past service in a thankless job. I've been there, so I understand. Since the second Pinned posting was signed by you and you were a Moderator, it seemed as if you had some ability to make the correction. And if you did not have the ability to delete the second Pinned posting, I would figure you would know who it should be directed to. But I guess that is water under the bridge now. But it still is confusing to have both Pinned postings, one saying to use this section for software questions and the other to NOT post software questions. blink.gif/>

Gary