WnSoft Forums

Embedding Video On Website

DawnG

First part of the question is does PTE offer storage space for our videos? A couple other programs I was considering before deciding on this one offered space to upload finished videos.

Second part, which kinda depends on the answer to above, is how do I embed a video to my website.....and is it AVI format? If I cannot store it elsewhere, then I need to upload it to my website, and embed it on the page it is intended for.

Thanks everyone.....you are a great group and so helpful :)/>

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi again Dawn

1st part, no PTE does not offer storage facilities.

2nd part, not sure how to embed to your website.

You can upload your exe file to Mediafire or Dropbox & a few other free hosting sites, or you can convert it to MP4 with PTE & upload it to YouTube.

There was a similar question asked some time ago whether the information stil applies I'm not sure, see http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/forum/8-tutorials-and-articles/

Did you sort your DVD production problem?

Yachtsman1.

Hi again Dawn

1st part, no PTE does not offer storage facilities.

2nd part, not sure how to embed to your website.

You can upload your exe file to Mediafire or Dropbox & a few other free hosting sites, or you can convert it to MP4 with PTE & upload it to YouTube.

There was a similar question asked some time ago whether the information stil applies I'm not sure, see http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/forum/8-tutorials-and-articles/

Did you sort your DVD production problem?

Yachtsman1.

Thanks Yachtsman for the info......now I have a direction to go in. I haven't sorted out the burning issue yet, but until I can directly burn through P2E, I will have to use another program. My question is though if I burn an ISO file, will the video and audio folders be what one sees when put into a dvd player or pc? When I tried to burn the last couple of times I saved every format offered during the process, so I have them all. I am just not sure which applies to what. Gawd.....can you tell I am new at this :blink:/>

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Dawn

I'm not conversant with ISO files so couldn't give you a definitive answer. However if you noticed on my DVD tutorial, the "Create ISO" box was ticked, however, you would have to ensure the ISO was going into the correct folder, on my example it was going somewhere totally different.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-52298000-1360430918_thumb.jp

Dawn,

Untick everything other than the ISO option and save it in a location other than your C drive if possible.

If you have a programme on your PC capable of doing it double clicking on the ISO file should open the correct burning module.

If you do not have anything capable of doing this then you need to get something like ROXIO which does. Lin suggested a freebie above.

The reason that I always suggest the ISO option is that if the ISO completes you are 99percent sure that PTE is NOT the problem.

DG

Hi Dawn,

Just a couple things to consider. There are multiple ways to display your shows for others to see. The first way is to create an executable file in either Windows format or MacIntosh format and then zip the show and use either your own website or perhaps use Beechbrook (http://www.beechbrook.com) where Bill Hines has been so kind as to host shows from hundreds of users of PTE. At Beechbrook, you upload your zipped exe or native MacIntosh zipped files and links are provided which you can then give to friends who can download your shows and watch them on their computers. It's also very easy, if you have your own website, to use freeware FTP (File Transfer Protocol) software to upload your zipped files to your own server and provide your friends with a link to download and extract to watch on their own computer.

The above are ways to display your executable slideshows. Now let's consider video either embedded on your own website or uploaded to Youtube, Facebook, or other social media site. Uploading to Youtube or Facebook is exceedingly simple. You establish an account with Youtube, output your slideshow in MP4 h.264 (just use the HD output feature in PTE) and upload to either Youtube or Facebook. Then provide your friends with the link and they can watch your slideshows by just clicking the link.

Embedding your shows on a web page is not difficult, but there are several considerations which you will want to ponder. First, in general, when you embed your slideshow on your own website, it will "usually" need to be in less than HD format. That is most web hosts do not have the bandwidth to easily support HD formats without lots of "start, stop, etc." This means that to watch your show in real time in High Definition such as 1080p or 720p format, the viewer will have to wait extended periods for the show to download because of bandwidth bottlenecks. So generally, for embedding shows on your own website, it's best to use 800x600 or smaller format so that the show can be watched without undue delay. Because Youtube and Facebook have greater bandwidth and faster servers, this is not always a problem. Sometimes, depending on the time of day and server loading, even Youtube can be sluggish.

The "easiest" way to embed your videos on your own server is to buy a reasonably inexpensive web software which supports direct embedding. Personally, I use Xara Web Designer which in the MX version can be purchased for about $50. USD here:

Web Designer

Xara Web Designer allows you to simply drop in your outputted PTE video as an MP4 h.264 in whatever output you decide (I use 800x600) and then in about 2 minutes it creates all the code which you simply upload to your website. When it's all done and you have uploaded to your website, the video is available to anyone you send the link to. It's really easy to simply put a "hyperllink" into your webpage which calls the "index.html" file created by Xara Web Designer. You can even create the page to do this with in Xara. Obviously, other web creation software can also do this, but I've found none "easier" and quicker than Xara Web Designer.

After uploading a video to Youtube, you can click on "Share" then "Embed" and then choose the size you wish to be defaulted. The code to place in the body of your web page will then be displayed and you can copy it and paste it to embed the Youtube show on your own webpage. The problem is that you also need to create a rectangle and placeholder of appropriate size and in the proper place on your page. There are also freeware programs which can output the necessary code to allow you to embed your video to a web page, but believe me, it's "much easier" to simply spend the $50 and get "good" software like Xara which does all the "thinking" for you. I can do it either way, but I still choose Xara because it saves me time and patience.

Again - the least expensive ways are to upload your zipped exe or zipped Mac files to Beechbrook or upload your videos to Youtube or Facebook, etc. But if you want your videos on your own website, consider using a product designed to help you such as Xara Web Designer MX.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Dawn,

Just a couple things to consider. There are multiple ways to display your shows for others to see. The first way is to create an executable file in either Windows format or MacIntosh format and then zip the show and use either your own website or perhaps use Beechbrook (http://www.beechbrook.com) where Bill Hines has been so kind as to host shows from hundreds of users of PTE. At Beechbrook, you upload your zipped exe or native MacIntosh zipped files and links are provided which you can then give to friends who can download your shows and watch them on their computers. It's also very easy, if you have your own website, to use freeware FTP (File Transfer Protocol) software to upload your zipped files to your own server and provide your friends with a link to download and extract to watch on their own computer.

The above are ways to display your executable slideshows. Now let's consider video either embedded on your own website or uploaded to Youtube, Facebook, or other social media site. Uploading to Youtube or Facebook is exceedingly simple. You establish an account with Youtube, output your slideshow in MP4 h.264 (just use the HD output feature in PTE) and upload to either Youtube or Facebook. Then provide your friends with the link and they can watch your slideshows by just clicking the link.

Embedding your shows on a web page is not difficult, but there are several considerations which you will want to ponder. First, in general, when you embed your slideshow on your own website, it will "usually" need to be in less than HD format. That is most web hosts do not have the bandwidth to easily support HD formats without lots of "start, stop, etc." This means that to watch your show in real time in High Definition such as 1080p or 720p format, the viewer will have to wait extended periods for the show to download because of bandwidth bottlenecks. So generally, for embedding shows on your own website, it's best to use 800x600 or smaller format so that the show can be watched without undue delay. Because Youtube and Facebook have greater bandwidth and faster servers, this is not always a problem. Sometimes, depending on the time of day and server loading, even Youtube can be sluggish.

The "easiest" way to embed your videos on your own server is to buy a reasonably inexpensive web software which supports direct embedding. Personally, I use Xara Web Designer which in the MX version can be purchased for about $50. USD here:

Web Designer

Xara Web Designer allows you to simply drop in your outputted PTE video as an MP4 h.264 in whatever output you decide (I use 800x600) and then in about 2 minutes it creates all the code which you simply upload to your website. When it's all done and you have uploaded to your website, the video is available to anyone you send the link to. It's really easy to simply put a "hyperllink" into your webpage which calls the "index.html" file created by Xara Web Designer. You can even create the page to do this with in Xara. Obviously, other web creation software can also do this, but I've found none "easier" and quicker than Xara Web Designer.

There are also freeware programs which can output the necessary code to allow you to embed your video to a web page, but believe me, it's "much easier" to simply spend the $50 and get "good" software like Xara which does all the "thinking" for you. I can do it either way, but I still choose Xara because it saves me time and patience.

Again - the least expensive ways are to upload your zipped exe or zipped Mac files to Beechbrook or upload your videos to Youtube or Facebook, etc. But if you want your videos on your own website, consider using a product designed to help you such as Xara Web Designer MX.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin for all the options to consider. This website is brand new so we are not making a dime from any services offered as yet.....so for a very short time being I just might use the complimentary storage or YouTube. This tenure will be very short before I purchase the software you suggested. I don't have time to fiddle around with getting things wrong and trying to find out what isn't working :P

One quick question Lin.....do you need a commercial licence besides the purchase price? I am only going to sell to brides and families for their own viewing.

Thanks for taking all the time to respond......I truly appreciate it :)/>

Dawn,

Untick everything other than the ISO option and save it in a location other than your C drive if possible.

If you have a programme on your PC capable of doing it double clicking on the ISO file should open the correct burning module.

If you do not have anything capable of doing this then you need to get something like ROXIO which does. Lin suggested a freebie above.

The reason that I always suggest the ISO option is that if the ISO completes you are 99percent sure that PTE is NOT the problem.

DG

Hi DG,

My initials too :) I have an ISO burning program that seems to work, but what happened is when I thought I was burning bad dvd's by mistake I placed them all together so I don't know which is which. Only 1 shows the video and audio folders so I am guessing that is the ISO disc. When I clicked on the file on another pc on my network though the program didn't open automatically. Is that a bad sign?

Hi Dawn, please buy some DVD-RW DVD's so you can test without making "coasters".

This will save you some money.

Best regards, robertg

Hi Robert,

Please forgive the question, but could you please provide a little education as to what the difference is? I have "+" and "-" dvd but without the w. There are just so many variables that one could go bonkers :wacko:

Hi Dawn,

You don't need any further license to use Xara Web Designer, once you purchase it you can use it to make zillions of dollars and I hope you are so lucky! Like any normal software license, what you create "with" it is your intellectual property.

Not to answer for Robert, but in case he doesn't get back quickly, I think his idea is very good. What he is suggesting is that you buy a small quantity or "rewritable" DVD's. There are essentially three types of DVD the DVD+ and DVD- types which are WORM (Write Once, Read Many) and the RW type which are rewritable. That is they act somewhat like a hard disk in that they can be erased and rewritten multiple times. So if your first attempt fails, the software will simply "erase" the DVD and you start over as if you were using a new blank but without making "coasters" (DVD's which have failed and are only good to set your coffee cup on).... When you go to the store to buy some more DVD's just tell the clerk you want "Re-writable" DVD's.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Dawn,

You don't need any further license to use Xara Web Designer, once you purchase it you can use it to make zillions of dollars and I hope you are so lucky! Like any normal software license, what you create "with" it is your intellectual property.

Not to answer for Robert, but in case he doesn't get back quickly, I think his idea is very good. What he is suggesting is that you buy a small quantity or "rewritable" DVD's. There are essentially three types of DVD the DVD+ and DVD- types which are WORM (Write Once, Read Many) and the RW type which are rewritable. That is they act somewhat like a hard disk in that they can be erased and rewritten multiple times. So if your first attempt fails, the software will simply "erase" the DVD and you start over as if you were using a new blank but without making "coasters" (DVD's which have failed and are only good to set your coffee cup on).... When you go to the store to buy some more DVD's just tell the clerk you want "Re-writable" DVD's.

Best regards,

Lin

Much much thanks Lin for "being there" :) I am happy to hear about the not necessary commercial license. One less thing to worry about. I have some re-writable cd's but didn't know dvd's had that option as well. Nice idea......plus I don't drink that much coffee anyway :)

I have one more quick question instead of starting a new thread to confuse you all :)

Free things are always nice to find, but I don't live for them. I was just wondering about TheDom's website. There is a page where there are free downloads of photo albums and boxes, but all I can find is the exe version to view the options. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if that is what it is meant to be. I am interested in a couple of the templates but mostly the wedding album. I emailed him a few days ago asking how simple it was to add or delete pages but never heard back from him.

It's very easy to make a youtube video private so only users that have the link can view the video. You can use this to your advantage by creating a very very simple web page with an iframe. If you want to use jwplayer web player for a commercial website then it will cost you money. Private youtube link with iframe is the best of both worlds. It does HD video too. smile.gif

Example #3

http://www.tommendenhall.com/test/

Good to know Tom......good to know :) Thanks!

Hi Dawn, I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear,on the rewritable DVD's, but I see Lin has filled in all the blanks (no pun intended) :D/> .

Best of luck, on your commercial website, robertg.

PS

This YouTube show is made with one of TheDoms templates from a few years ago. (Free then, may still be available)

If you are interested. (not my photos)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dawn, I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear,on the rewritable DVD's, but I see Lin has filled in all the blanks (no pun intended) :D/>/> .

Best of luck, on your commercial website, robertg.

PS

This YouTube show is made with one of TheDoms templates from a few years ago. (Free then, may still be available)

If you are interested. (not my photos)

Hi Robert,

So sorry for the delay in responding. The slide show you made is beautiful! What template is it that you used? Do you know how to add on for more pictures? I purchased the carousel and want to add more pics.....but don't know how.

Hi Dawn,the template I used for that show is "Frame Animation Straight v2". He also included "Frame Animation Concave v2". I just copy and paste starting over again from first template slide.

You can add as many as you want.

I hope this helps, if not please check,TheDoms website, for instructions of that particular template, he has explanations of how to use his templates there.

All the best, Gayland

Hi Robert,

So sorry for the delay in responding. The slide show you made is beautiful! What template is it that you used? Do you know how to add on for more pictures? I purchased the carousel and want to add more pics.....but don't know how.