WnSoft Forums

DVD for TV problem

JEB

Hi,

I am having problems with Video Builder in creating a “DVDVideo Disc – for players connected to a television”.

I am using 7.5.

I can create an Exe file for PC and forMac and both play perfectly.

The problem I am getting is that theaudio is not being played back from the DVD version. My sequence isabout 16 minutes long and I have burned about four DVD's trying toget it to work so I made a short 30 second sequence, burned it inexactly the same way and that works perfectly. In both occasions I amusing mp3 audio files and in the test version one of the files from the mainsequence.

Any ideas?

John

Try making an MPEG2 instead of burning a disc?

When you have got that right - then go ahead and try burning the disc.

Do the other options work?

MPEG4 etc?

Is the DVD sound working on your Computer?

Is the DVD sound working on your DVD Player?

There have been a few threads here recently which advised making the ISO first and then use software which plays the ISO - saves on discs.

DG

Hi John,

I burned a DVD-Video disc this morning using v7.5.4. The disc plays fine on both my Blu-ray player and a friends older DVD player. These are both TV connected devices - not PC peripherals. My Project Option settings in VideoBuilder were as attached. The PTE sequence was built at 16:9 aspect ratio and 1920x1080 slide size. On playback there is a slight loss of image all around the edges (TV Safe Zone was not taken into account).

regards,

PGA

post-7090-0-26583000-1361393217_thumb.jp

Firstly let me apologise for being such an idiot but I suffer from a DVD phobia!

Every time the mere thought of burning a DVD comes to mind I come out in a cold sweat!

I'm sure I have been down this road before but it doesn't get any more attractive.

PGA,

Thanks, I have just checked and my PO settings are identical to yours so the problem can't be there. As I said in my original post I have been able to burn a short test sequence successfully. It is just this particular sequence that is giving me problems.

Dave,

I'm not sure that I know what an MPEG2 file is as there is no mention of it within the Video Builder menus as far as I can see. Is it the AVI video file option? I have created one of them and the audio plays in the PC Windows Media Player.

I am assuming that MPEG4 is the same thing as MP4. If so then I have made one of them and it too plays in WMP.

I have as I said above also successfully made Exe's for PC and MAC with no audio issues.

I have not burned either the AVI or the MP4 to a DVD yet to test them on my TV DVD player. I presume I will have to get hold of some other software other than WnSofts Video Builder to do that?

I should say that despite my hate/hate relationship with DVD production I have got Video Builder to work successfully on many occasions in the past.

I can confirm that my TV DVD sound is working.

Finally please explain (briefly!!) what an ISO file is.

I'm going to have a soothing drink (not telling what exactly) and off to bed with the hope that all will be well in the morning.

Good night all and thanks for your support.

John

John,

If I read you correctly you must now have an enormous ISO, Some DVD Folders (again large) and an MPEG2, all of which you don't need, cluttering up your computer as well as the DVD?

You only need to tick the box that you want i.e. the DVD, the rest are not needed for that?

DG

Dave

Thanks for your follow up. I did suspect that would be the case but decided in frustration to go for it at the time. Sorry for not responding sooner but I have been away from my mac and intact replying to you from my phone at moment on train on way to York for a few days.

I must make a study of this DVD business sometime. I live in hope that some kind forum member will write an IDIOT'S guide to PTE sharing options

You never know!

Regards

John

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi John

I made a DVD screen capture how I use PTE 7.07 to burn a DVD, although I use 7.07, I don't believe video builder has changed much if you are using 7.5. It's on YouTube so the quality is not so good & it's posted in the Tutorial section of the Forum, the link is

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Thanks for that link. I have been away from home for a few days so only now trying to catch up with things. As you will have noticed I have managed to sort myself out. The problem was I didn't check that I had all the correct options selected but once that was put right I was in business and ran off the few copies I required.

Thanks for your input.

Regards

John

Hi John

I made a DVD screen capture how I use PTE 7.07 to burn a DVD, although I use 7.07, I don't believe video builder has changed much if you are using 7.5. It's on YouTube so the quality is not so good & it's posted in the Tutorial section of the Forum, the link is http://www.picturest...res-to-exe-707/

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1