WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) Slides appearance different from original

dgionet

Hello to all,

I am new to this forum although I have been using PicToExe for some years now.

I have recently changed my computer to a dual-core Quad and Windows Vista 64-bit professionnal.

I cannot figure out why I am seeing the following after loading the latest version.

PicToExe.jpg

Thanks for helping out

Denis

Hi Denis,

This is one for Igor - looks like "all" your images are sepia on the timeline. There was an experimental feature in version 7 (Ctrl Shift P) which changed an image from normal to monochrome with the first press and then to sepia with the second press and finally back to normal with the third press. This experiment was going to be modified to be keyframe usable but so far has not found its way back into the later versions. Perhaps you have stumbled on a hidden code which has set sepia for all images. Hard to say but Igor can probably quickly sort it out for you.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin for the reply,

Let's hope Igor will be able to find the problem. I had worked with PicToExe ( since v4 ) under Win XP and Win 7 (both on 32-bit) and had never encountered this. Must be something to do with Vista or my more recent PC. Will continue looking into the issue on my side.

Thanks again,

Denis

Hello Denis,

A very interesting problem!

Please start a new project in version 7.5. Add an image file to the Slide list. Do you see correct colors on added picture?

If it the problem still exists, please uninstall PicturesToExe and re-install the software again.

Also update manually drivers for your video card.

Hello Denis,

A very interesting problem!

Please start a new project in version 7.5. Add an image file to the Slide list. Do you see correct colors on added picture?

If it the problem still exists, please uninstall PicturesToExe and re-install the software again.

Also update manually drivers for your video card.

Hello Igor,

I have done the necessary steps as suggested but no change. However, I have ended up checking the Display parameters and found out to be set at 16-bit rather of 32-bit. The problem has resolved itself when changing from 16 bit to true color 32 bit.

So everything is OK now. I must have changed accidentally the parameters during installation of all the software on my new PC to end up with the issue.

Thanks Lin and Igor for your time to help me with the issue and keep up the good work Igor with the upgrades.

Denis