WnSoft Forums

PTE identifies INTERLACED as PROGRESSIVE?

orizaba

PTE 7.0.7

Why MEDIAINFO says a file DV-AVI is interlaced and PTE says progressive?

I am now working with DV-AVI files obtained by capturing old BETA videos with PREMIERE ELEMENTS.

Analogue to digital conversion is real time hardware made using a DV recorder: analogue signal inputs, DV signal outputs.

I am not quite sure, but I think I had similar "error" before, every interlaced file I load to PTE is identified as progressive. Why?

Thanks.

Have you tried using current v7.57 version to see if results are the same? There has been multiple bug fixes since v 7.07

Yes, same results, and as far as I can see through this forum, v7.5 still is far from reliable.

Anyhow, for my projects, I don't miss more than v7.0 can offer... may be a 64-bit version only!

Thanks.

There is a number of video formats and combinations. In some cases we can't determine correctly progressive/interlace mode. Please set the necessary mode manually in the Objects & animation editor.

Igor,

Ok, thanks.

Let me understand: PTE only can work with progressive, is it?

Because every movie we load is always subject to de-interlacing (auto, weave or bob), and there is no option to keep it interlaced.

Beeing this so, which is the "auto" criteria?

I would thank you as well for explaning why PTE converter converts a 25Gb DV-AVI file (100% quality) into a 200Mb AVI file (no resizing, no changes at all) but with a bad quality.

Anyhow, it seems that PTE perfectly accepts native DV-AVI files, not asking for conversion, and running perfectly smooth. What kind of conversion could it be?

Regards,

Jose

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Jose

I don't know if this is any help? But as you have said you still prefer 7.07 to 7.5 I wondered if you saw the post I made about adding video clips without conversion. I have updated the post by re-editing the Camtasia screen capture so that is easier to follow & also uploaded it to YouTube so there is no need to download it. The link to the post is-

The link to Youtube is

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Jose

I don't know if this is any help? But as you have said you still prefer 7.07 to 7.5 I wondered if you saw the post I made about adding video clips without conversion. I have updated the post by re-editing the Camtasia screen capture so that is easier to follow & also uploaded it to YouTube so there is no need to download it. The link to the post is-

The link to Youtube is

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

Thanks, and congratulations for your nice presentation which I think made me understand another aspect of this situation.

In fact, I already knew this conversion option (asking or not for conversion) and I always have ticked the "Always ask" option.

But, as far as I can remember, PTE does not always ask! And I used to interpret this as a "directly accepted movie" by PTE, I mean, if PTE asks is because the file type or codec is not acceptable by PTE, so, PTE asks if we want to convert to an acceptable format.

This would mean that PTE also accepts interlaced movies. And this is the new aspect I am now thinking about (as you saw, I asked Igor, stating that PTE only works with progressive, what I think now may not be true).

All this is a little bit confusing to me as we all know that any kind of conversion looses quality. So, there are conversions and conversions, and I should like to know every detail about PTE conversion in order to decide of its use, since there are others which may be better and even quality lossless (Virtualdub Lagarith, for example).

I hope Igor will reply accordingly...!

Regards,

Jose