WnSoft Forums

Video Not Found-Solved

goddi

Greetings,

There has been some discussion before about this problem but I let it fade away, not finding any solution. I'd like to bring it up again.

I recently got the GoPro Hero3 and trying to put some video into PTE. The out-of-the-camera MP4s that it creates will play in PTE. The problem occurs when I use the GoPro CineForm program to convert a clip from 30fps to 15 fps. The CineForm converted clip will play in Windows Media Player at the 15fps. However, when I bring that clip into PTE, I get 'Video Not Found'.

The CineForm format is CFHD and it seems PTE can not handle it. Can anyone provide any way of working this format into PTE, if possible?

The PTE Convert process will not even accept the CFHD format clip.

Gary

PS This is the second posting that I have tried to attach a screenshot but the 'Click To Attach Files' does not work. Is it me or is there some problem with this forum?

post-1794-0-71782800-1364853974_thumb.jp

Gary,

PTE uses the multimedia library FFmpeg. Looking at FFmpeg's list of supported video codecs, I cannot not find CFHD. Bad news for you, sorry.

Regards,

Xaver

=======================

Xaver,

At first it was bad news, but now it is good news.

After reading your posting, I searched Google using "ffmpeg support cfhd" and found a ticket where someone had asked a similar question. That prompted me to call the GoPro CineForm tech people. After some conversation, we figured out what the problem is.

In CineForm you can process a GoPro video clip into slow motion. I had converted a 30 fps clip to a 15 fps clip. The output at that point is an AVI, but the codec format is CFHD and is not readable by PTE.

However, they pointed out that there is a 'Step 2 Edit' in the CineForm program that I missed. You can take that AVI clip and Export it to an MP4 file. Now, this MP4 file can be read by PTE.

So, for anyone that uses GoPro's free CineForm program, just be sure to use the 'Step 2 Export to MP4' so that it can be read by PTE and it plays it in slo-mo. I need to experiment more with this process but it looks like it will work for inserting GoPro slo-mo clips into PTE.

I hope this can be of help to others.

Gary