WnSoft Forums

Push effect / continuous movement

d67

I want to use the Push effect with 3 slides to recreate a continuous movement stopping at slide 3.

When I set for slide 2, in the "Use own time preferences", the "Time interval" to zero (s and ms), the slide stops endlessly.

If I set this time to 1 ms, the slide stops very shortly but it is percievable and not suitable for a continuous movement.

I tried to override this problem in editing the pte file (Time and TimeMs for slide 2) and wrote zero for the seconds and a negative value (-0 or an other negative value) for the milliseconds. This decreases the stop sensation of the slide but don't eliminate it.

Is ther a solution ?

Patrick

I think it would be real neat if this transition could be done so that it appears to be continuous across more than two slides. This would presume that PTE is internally organized is such a way that the PTE thread reading the PTE EXE data and the PTE thread handling the display execute at the same time. If not, it would seem that there needs to be SOME delay while PTE obtains the next JPG and uncompresses it.

If this IS possible, though, I'd like to suggest that it also be possible within a synched show.

Harold

It's not trivial task, for needs of continuous movement all slides should be loaded at the start slide-show and memory will contains unpacked bitmaps of all slides. It's large modification and I'm not sure when it may appears.

I'll try to explore in this direction.

However! You can use continuous movement for panorama effect right now if you will create your slide show as DVD video.

It's not trivial task, for needs of continuous movement all slides should be loaded at the start slide-show and memory will contains unpacked bitmaps of all slides. It's large modification and I'm not sure when it may appears.

I'll try to explore in this direction.

Igor,

If it's a lot of work, I would definitely NOT pursue this! I think that what we really all want is the ability to be able to pan over a single picture. You should be able to get PTE to do that by adding it as a new transition, right?

If we REALLY want continuous motion, stitching the images together in Photoshop or its equivalent and then using this new "pan" effect would work just fine.

Harold

Agree, Harold, but a single panorama image is not yet enough. If we insert now a picture say 1600 x 400 in a slideshow viewed at 800 x 600 resolution, what does happen?

It happens that we'll see this picture resized to 800 x 200 at full screen.

So Igor should implement a custom command "Don't resize". Do you agree?

So Igor should implement a custom command "Don't resize". Do you agree?

Absolutely.

I think that a robust user interface for panorama (and zoom) would also let us designate (by drawing boxes on the original large picture) which part of the large picture should be the starting display and which should be the ending display. PTE would then pan (or zoom) from one box to the other box.

But if that were not possible initially, I'd love for Igor to just give us either purely horizontal or vertical pan (up to down, down to up, right to left, and left to right) of the full image, and we can adjust the image in Photoshop so that it will look the way we want.

I, for one, would very much like to have these transitions, and I'd like them to work as smoothly as PTE's fade works today. I know I'm asking for a lot, but then, Igor has a way of doing this stuff much better than other program creators!

Harold

• 2 years later...

Feb 4 2004, 06:24 PM Post #1

Group: Members

Member No.: 952

I want to use the Push effect with 3 slides to recreate a continuous movement stopping at slide 3.

When I set for slide 2, in the "Use own time preferences", the "Time interval" to zero (s and ms), the slide stops endlessly.

If I set this time to 1 ms, the slide stops very shortly but it is percievable and not suitable for a continuous movement.

I tried to override this problem in editing the pte file (Time and TimeMs for slide 2) and wrote zero for the seconds and a negative value (-0 or an other negative value) for the milliseconds. This decreases the stop sensation of the slide but don't eliminate it.

Is ther a solution ?

Patrick

Your wish has come true Patrick -=- called ver 5

but ya gotta put some of that hi test aircraft fuel into them boxes of yours -- get some of that op skill of yours working

and

dig into the pocket and get the Euro's flowing

ken B)