WnSoft Forums

(SOLVED) Audio playback continues beyond slide end (v7.5.8 pre-release

PGA

Hi Igor,

While testing the pre-release v7.5.8 I discovered that in the mini-player, the playback correctly stops at the end of the one and only slide in the test sequence (i.e. after 5.5 seconds). However, in both Preview and EXE the playback continues beyond the end of the first slide, with that slide kept on display. This happens with a WAV file and also with an MP3 file (created from different original source files).

regards,

Peter

Peter,

I can't reproduce this problem with a show you've sent me (7 slides, 30 seconds).

The playback of audio stops at the end of last slide (00:30) and then shows exits as expected.

Does this problem new for v7.5.8 or it happened in previous updates/versions?

Hi Igor,

Ooops - user error! The sequence was inadvertently set to "Repeat show until Esc key is pressed". In this mode it would seem that, if the sound file is longer than the total duration of the slides, the sequence continues to play all the way through to the end of the sound file. I had never let it play all the way through before. It had always been my understanding that the slide duration dictated the length of the sequence. When I set the project option to "Close show after last slide" (my usual setting for this option) the sequence stopped when I expected it to. So my question now becomes: when the sequence has been built to "Repeat show until Esc key is pressed" shouldn't the mini-player, as well as the Preview, perform the Repeat function?

regards,

Peter

It might occur only if you uncheck "Synchronize slides and music" in the Advanced tab of the Project options.

Hole in one! "Synchronize slides and music" was unchecked. With that option checked, the sequence plays for only the duration of the slides and then repeats.

That still leaves us with the problem that the mini-player does not honour the request to "Repeat show". Perhaps the first question to address is: do we want it to do that?

regards,

Peter

P.S. I am also left with another question: why did the test sequence I used this time not make use of my customized default template. You didn't accidentally change the behaviour of v7.5.8 in the matter of choosing a default template did you?

Peter,

Mini-player ignores "Repeat show..." option, because it's behaviour of an executable show.

Also mini-player ignores unticked state of "Synchronize slides and audio" option. It always work in synchronized mode due to logical reasons.

v7.5.8 should use your default template (if it was assigned) for a new project. Please try right now how it will work. Also make sure that in the manager of templates your necessary template is choosed by default.

Hi Igor,

I accept your explanation as to why the mini-player behaves as it does. Perhaps those two points should be added to the User Guide section on the mini-player. I cannot reproduce the problem with the default template. The correct template is declared as my Default Template and the contents of that template are correct. I can only assume it has been yet another user error. Having said that, I have only used "Repeat show..." on two occasions and both those shows are now consigned to my Archives. So I'm baffled as to how those settings got picked up. However, it as, as we say: "water under the bridge". Please mark this topic as "SOLVED".

regards,

Peter