WnSoft Forums

Need Advice

Phill

Hi All

i have just downloaded beta 6 and when i unziped it i went strait

into my 4.14 pictures to exe.

and now says v4.20 beta #6 and i cant find my origanl 4.14 i didnt tell it to go there i thougt i had saved it to my desktop.

it seems to have thrown my project out of sync.

HOPE somebody can understand this

and thanks

PHILLIP :angry:

Hi Philip,

What I usual do is unzipping but install the new beta's in a seperate folder until the final version is completed. I always kept the final versions and then delete the beta's. This prevent me a lot of problems a few times. I still have the original version 3. The programs are small so I don't mind! Hopes this works next time!

Phil

this is my statement that JRR

was referring to i believe

I must have nearly a doz beta's and final editions installed -- 3.50 is the version in the main directory on C:\Program Files\PicturesToExe

by having all these versions i can switch back with no problem

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=2&t=1615

ken

When a new version comes out, I always create a new folder (name it PTE_4-20b6, say), and copy all files from the previous working folder to it. Then download the new "zip" file with the 7 new PTE files into the new folder, replacing the same 7 files already existing in it.

Finally, double-click on the new file, "setup.exe" and follow instructions, making sure that the "destination directory" is the same as the new folder you created.

You can even retain the old icons on your desktop if you want to retain the older versions of the program.

Some members have had problems with this procedure, particularly when installing new drives, but if you follow the steps above, you can't go wrong. If you do have problems, first make sure that the registration key, "PTE.KEY", was copied to the new folder along with the other files. Hope this helps some. :)

You even can keep all versions of PTE together in one folder :)

Because all inside one apr.exe file. Another files don't special matter (help, translations). You can rename it into apr_v420.exe and it will work even if there will be no files in a folder.