WnSoft Forums

Lost Synchronization of Virtual AVI [SOLVED]

xahu34

Sometimes I export a PTE project as a Virtual (temporary) AVI in order to transcode it to an Xvid encoded video using VirtualDub. In the past, this process has worked very well. With version 7.5.8, using the dialog as shown in the attachment, I have noticed a problem: VirtualDub records the video at a frame rate of (precisely) 30 FPS (as it is indicated to VirtualDub by PTE), but it seems that PTE delivers the frames at a rate of 29.97. In the beginning, the recorded video looks fine. But after a few minutes, the video part is significantly ahead of the audio part. The synchronization is gone.

Regards,

Xaver

post-5382-0-83869900-1369586919_thumb.jp

I made another test. I create a Virtual AVI at 30 FPS. VirtualDub interprets it as a video with 30 FPS. But I force VirtualDub to transcode the Virtual AVI at the reduced frame rate of 29.97 FPS, and what happens: Video and audio now remain in synchronization! Funny, isn't it? There seems to be something wrong with the Virtual AVI in v.758.

Regards,

Xaver

Here is an example that shows the Virtual AVI Bug in version 7.5.8:

Open the project and run the Preview. You will see three color changes in synchronization with the sound of three claps.

Then use the navigation bar to move to 20:00 minutes. You will see the same effect (three color changes in synchronization with the sound of three claps).

Then create the virtual AVI and open it in the Window Media Player. In the beginning everything is OK. But: If go there to the time of 20:00 minutes you will see that the AVI has lost its synchronization.

Regards,

Xaver

Virt-AVI-Test.zip

• 2 weeks later...