WnSoft Forums

Educational use

kdf9

I wish to use PTE in a college. The idea is that a PTE display (containing news, announcements, etc) will run whenever a student logs onto the LAN. However I'm not clear what type of licence I need - educational use is not mentioned in the licence description. (For clarification, there would only ever be one person creating a slide show, but many slide show viewers.)

Hi Kdf9

I'd recommend that you take a Business Licence as you will be using for business purposes..........@ $30 (it's only $6 extra over the private licence cost and gives you extra flexibility). That way you can also develop interactive tutorial programmes on the software for your students to dowload and work from a remote site!

Good luck with your venture

The Image Suite

However I'm not clear what type of licence I need - educational use is not mentioned in the licence description.

We are a non-profit, educational organization. I contacted WnSoft with the same question before I bought it and was told we had to buy a business license. Don't take this as official WnSoft comment on your situation - I don't represent WnSoft. But I suspect the same would apply to you.

Ray

I regard PTE as the best value software on my computer. Any form of license is incredible value when you conisder what PTE does, the amount of creative satisfaction it provides and the continuous process of improvement.

If I were you I would go for the business license, whether you need it now or not, as you may well want to develop your use of this great program in the future.

Eddie.