WnSoft Forums

Sorting images in the Slide List

I still lament the removal of the "Unsorted" option for the display of the File List. I use PTE for shows of my travels. I find arranging slides into a meaningful sequence is more difficult, more tedious, than it used to be. Here's why. I have various ways of sorting image files into a desired sequence (outside of PTE), and I can then drop those image files into a newly created folder on a FAT32 drive, where the directory entries remain in the right sequence. I used to be able to have PTE's File List present those files in "Unsorted" order. It was then a trivial matter to drop them (all, or a batch) into the Slide List in the desired order.

Since it must surely be a very small programming task to restore the "Unsorted" option, may we PLEASE have it restored?

Grateful thanks ... Ken T (aplman)

Ken

Isn't that what the F3 key does

I don't think so - I believe the F3 key toggles full screen display of the slide list, without any effect on the order.

By the way, my original post seems to have acquired an inappropriate sub-title - please ignore!

Ken T (aplman)

Ken

F3 shows the file list, F4 shows the Slide List

Sorry! Sloppy research on my part!

Nevertheless, I still see a need for an option to see the File List "Unsorted". That was there until a few versions ago, and it must be a trivial matter to restore the option. Please Igor!

Ken T (aplman)