WnSoft Forums

object box

jak101

In the objects and animation section, sometimes I want to move one of the objects in the bottom right hand box either up or down in the list. They might both be parents or perhaps to make one that is a parent a child or just simply to reorder them. Being somewhat new to PTE, I have not figured that out from the manual or the hot keys. I am sure it is simple, but I just have not stumbled upon the answer.

Examples

image 1

image 2

image 3

I might want to make image three the top one instead of image 1.

or Example

parent 1

child 1

parent 2

What if I wanted to make child one a parent? OR parent 2 a child of parent 1?

Thanks in advance...

There are two primary ways of moving objects in the Objects and Animations list. First, to move an object up or down one position, highlight (select) the object then hold down the CTRL key and press PgUp or PgDn to move the object one level up or one level down. You may move a selected object to the very top or very bottom of the stack by holding down the Shift Key and pressing PgUp or PgDn. Child objects will remain with the parent in such a move.

If an object you wish to move is a child of another object, you may highlight that object and right click and choose "cut" which will place that "child object" on the clipboard. Then highlight the parent you wish to move that child to, right click and choose "paste" and the child object will be pasted to the new object.

Best regards,

Lin

Does your laptop have an FN key or a NumLock? If so, it may be toggled so that pressing PgUp, PgDn isn't functioning as expected?

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for reply: Fn and not Num Lock. No Ctrl or Shift, no Pg up or down work, as right click add sub menu. I spend time and time to re-work at minimum change. Impossible!

Ps. A question to programmers: how move you inside layers in Photoshop? Please see a Proshow 5: easy as pie!

Da Campos

Da Campos,

If you want that PTE should behave in that way i.e. to be able to DRAG objects higher or lower (in front of or behind other objects) in the Object List then why not make a clear request in the "Suggestions for the next version" Thread?

I am sure that many here would endorse your request??

DG

Hi Da Campos,

Are you saying that your notebook computer does not have Pg Up, Pg Dn, or Ctrl or Shift keys? Or, are you saying that you have them, but they do not work as expected?

What happens if you "right click" on an object in the Objects List? Do you get a drop-down Menu? If yes, does clicking on one of the choices move objects up or down in the Objects List?

What brand and model notebook computer do you have?

Thanks,

Lin

Hi Da Campos,

Are you saying that your notebook computer does not have Pg Up, Pg Dn, or Ctrl or Shift keys? Or, are you saying that you have them, but they do not work as expected?

What happens if you "right click" on an object in the Objects List? Do you get a drop-down Menu? If yes, does clicking on one of the choices move objects up or down in the Objects List?

What brand and model notebook computer do you have?

Thanks,

Lin

Thanks. But my notebook has key Pg etc. Right click open sub menu however "up" or "down" don't work as R.I.P. (Requiscat in Pace or Rest in Pace)

Da Campos

Da Campos,

If you want that PTE should behave in that way i.e. to be able to DRAG objects higher or lower (in front of or behind other objects) in the Object List then why not make a clear request in the "Suggestions for the next version" Thread?

I am sure that many here would endorse your request??

DG

Thanks but I think already write in recent past (suggestion)

Da Campos

Maybe we can determine why. What operating system are you running on your notebook and which processor? It is a pretty standard key call (Ctrl PgUp, Ctrl PgDn) and "should" work normally on any system so I'm guessing that some other running application is changing or controlling things. One way to find out is to start your system in the "safe mode" then open PTE and see if it works. If it does then work normally, it's just a matter of determining which running application is altering the process and controlling the key calls.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks. But my notebook has key Pg etc. Right click open sub menu however "up" or "down" don't work as R.I.P. (Requiscat in Pace or Rest in Pace)

Da Campos

Maybe we can determine why. What operating system are you running on your notebook and which processor? It is a pretty standard key call (Ctrl PgUp, Ctrl PgDn) and "should" work normally on any system so I'm guessing that some other running application is changing or controlling things. One way to find out is to start your system in the "safe mode" then open PTE and see if it works. If it does then work normally, it's just a matter of determining which running application is altering the process and controlling the key calls.

Best regards,

Lin

Uhmmm...Seven Professional 8 Mega Ram + Invidia with 2 Mega...no I think other not computer.

(if I see Youtube tutorial of use Proshow 5 levels is easy, and does not require any "safe mode" or Devil's tools)

Thanks

Da Campos

Thanks but I think already write in recent past (suggestion)

Da Campos

Hi Da Campos,

I have searched for all Ideas and Suggestions the YOU HAVE STARTED and the only one I can find refers to "Lightroom" and "Plug Ins".

Start a suggestion thread for Dragging Objects in the Object Pane??

DG

Hi Da Campos,

I have searched for all Ideas and Suggestions the YOU HAVE STARTED and the only one I can find refers to "Lightroom" and "Plug Ins".

Start a suggestion thread for Dragging Objects in the Object Pane??

DG

Ok Roger

Thanks

Da Campos

Hi Da Campos,

The "problem" is not with PTE - PTE only furnishes the code necessary to connect the movement of the object in the Object stack to Ctrl Pg Up, Ctrl Pg Dn, Shift Pg Up or Shift Pg Dn.

The "problem" is with your laptop and the suggestion to try "Safe Mode" is only to determine if another program is interfering with the proper function of these commands. My suggestion is not that you normally need to "use" Safe Mode to run PTE, it is rather that using Safe Mode can help find where the problem is coming from. Thousands of people use PTE with notebook computers without this problem so in order to solve the problem it's necessary to systematically remove other running code.

Running your system in the Safe Mode removes drivers and other software which may be loaded on startup. This will allow determining whether another program is interfering with the proper function of these keys.

PTE is certainly not the only software which uses the Ctrl, Shift and PgUp/PgDn keys. If they do not work correctly, it would be helpful to find out why. Making code changes to PTE so you could drag the objects to the layer you wish would solve one problem, but the other problem still remains. Your system does not work correctly. Don't you want to know why?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Da Campos,

The "problem" is not with PTE - PTE only furnishes the code necessary to connect the movement of the object in the Object stack to Ctrl Pg Up, Ctrl Pg Dn, Shift Pg Up or Shift Pg Dn.

The "problem" is with your laptop and the suggestion to try "Safe Mode" is only to determine if another program is interfering with the proper function of these commands. My suggestion is not that you normally need to "use" Safe Mode to run PTE, it is rather that using Safe Mode can help find where the problem is coming from. Thousands of people use PTE with notebook computers without this problem so in order to solve the problem it's necessary to systematically remove other running code.

Running your system in the Safe Mode removes drivers and other software which may be loaded on startup. This will allow determining whether another program is interfering with the proper function of these keys.

PTE is certainly not the only software which uses the Ctrl, Shift and PgUp/PgDn keys. If they do not work correctly, it would be helpful to find out why. Making code changes to PTE so you could drag the objects to the layer you wish would solve one problem, but the other problem still remains. Your system does not work correctly. Don't you want to know why?

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks but I will try same procedure (anyway not Safe mode)

with desktop pc

Da Campos

Hi Da Campos,

Best regards,

Lin

Miracle! Right click Ok. Shift up or down Ok. Alleluja...bells allelujah on lap...dance

Thanks very much for support Lin

Ps. My name is Mike and not...Luigi the Car (500 Fiat yellow in movie):)

Da Campos