Colour Space for PTE JPEG Images

davegee

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which colour space do you use for your PTE Show JPEG Images

• sRGB
    • aRGB
    • Same as Monitor
    • Other

Why did you not include RGB in the poll?

There isn't just one color space RGB. There are many of them, see Wikipedia:

The RGB color model itself does not define what is meant by red, green, and blue colorimetrically, and so the results of mixing them are not specified as absolute, but relative to the primary colors. When the exact chromaticities of the red, green, and blue primaries are defined, the color model then becomes an absolute color space, such as sRGB or Adobe RGB; see RGB color spaces for more details.

Regards,

Xaver

The problem with this poll is that there are two questions that have been mixed together, and which should be answered independently. :(

1. Which color space do you use with PTE?

2. Does this space coincide with the one of your monitor?

Regards,

Xaver

When I had a color cast on my pictures in PTE last October, and asked about it on the forum. Somebody gave me this advice on the forum.

It seems the colours are inverted, i.e. the orange colours of rust are turned blue, and the blue writing on the back wall has turned orange. These colours are spectral opposites, so I think your problem is the colour space the images are in.

You need to load the images into Photoshop or similar and ensure that the colour space is sRGB, which PTE is set up for. If you are shooting for slide shows you should be taking the shots in sRGB, not AdobeRGB

... Somebody gave me this advice on the forum ... ensure that the colour space is sRGB, which PTE is set up for. If you are shooting for slide shows you should be taking the shots in sRGB ...

Perhaps not a good advice!

... Versions 7.0 and 7.5.x use same graphical mode and both work in windowed mode (not exclusive access to display). Color management should work correctly ...

So, PTE is just an ordinary application that runs in a window. Why should PTE work in any case with sRGB images even in cases where the output color profile is different from sRBG :wacko:

Regards,

Xaver