WnSoft Forums

Improvements

Igor

When placing text over an image or a video, one of the nicest ways to select that colour is to sample a colour from within the image/video. Personally I find this the best way to ensure the image and the text have a visual harmony that is important in AV.

Once our text has been created in PTE Objects and Animation window, we have three different colour picker styles to change the text colour. Style 1, 2 and 3. In each of them we have an eye dropper tool, but I think it can be made to work better.

I use a graphics tablet, so I expect to click on the eye dropper to select it. When clicked it appears to be selected, but as soon as the pen is lifted from the surface of the tablet the sampler is lost. I believe this is the same with a mouse where the left button would need to be held down for the sampler to remain in use. If the sampler is selected and the left mouse held down or the graphics tablet pen is held onto the tablet surface, it is possible to move outside the colour picker window and onto the picture surface. There a colour can be selected and we can see the colours and sliders changing in real time within the colour picker window. (Not in the Text)

However, to see the colour I have just selected in the text, I have to choose OK in the colour picker window. That applies the colour to the text and closes the colour picker window. If I didn't get the colour right I have to repeat the process a number of times till I find a colour that works really well. (Fig1)

Suggestion:

Is it possible to have the colour picker remain selected when it is left clicked with a mouse or the equivalent with a graphics tablet?

Can the pointer now be allowed to move outside the colour picker window onto the picture or video surface so the user can click a number of times and see the colour reflected in the text instantly?

If you were to create some text in Photoshop and do the same thing with the text colour, wherever you sample/click in the image, that colour is instantly reflected in the text (Fig 2)

Can PTE be made to work this way?

Would it be worthwhile to have a "colour picker" option (accessible via right-click) in all parts of PTE, and an option in colour dialogs to insert the "picked' colour?

Ken T (aplman)

Ken

I am not sure it would have much benefit outside of the Objects and Animation screen

Perhaps, for example, in Customize slide / Main / Background?

Ken T (APLman)