WnSoft Forums

Images Not Found

ErnestP

I have recently started using PTE and downloaded Lin Evan's complete set of tutorials in Microsoft MSI format. While viewing the tutorial it stopped working and would not load again. I then discovered that the .pte files for three of my shows gave an error message when opened. The error message states that the images, videos or transitions are missing. I removed all the files relating to the tutorial from my PC as I suspected they may have been the cause.

When I continue to load the show, the images are replaced with a Blue sign saying "Image not found" although I have not changed or moved the images or given new names. The transitions are also missing.

Is there a way that I can insert the images and recover the transitions without replacing each Blue sign with the image individually?

Guest Yachtsman1

I have recently started using PTE and downloaded Lin Evan's complete set of tutorials in Microsoft MSI format. While viewing the tutorial it stopped working and would not load again. I then discovered that the .pte files for three of my shows gave an error message when opened. The error message states that the images, videos or transitions are missing. I removed all the files relating to the tutorial from my PC as I suspected they may have been the cause.

When I continue to load the show, the images are replaced with a Blue sign saying "Image not found" although I have not changed or moved the images or given new names. The transitions are also missing.

Is there a way that I can insert the images and recover the transitions without replacing each Blue sign with the image individually?

Sounds like you could have picked up a link to a different version of PTE, what version of PTE did you use to create the shows with the missing items. See my screen shot to find your version. Open an original show go to the top info bar, scroll across to help, scroll down to About PTE. Does it show the same vesion to the version in your programmes file.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-40313800-1376213109_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-35424400-1376213126_thumb.jp

Hi Erno,

Could you tell me what software you were using to view the avi tutorials? There is nothing in the tutorials themselves which could in any way affect your ability to see or not see images from PicturesToExe. The tutorials are simply video files in AVI format. The recommendation was to use a media player such as VCL Media Player in case you do not have the necessary codecs. Today I recommend Kantaris Media Player which was built using the VCL codes. It's also a free Media Player. I do not recommend Windows Media Player.

I suspect that something else entirely may have caused your problem and the fact that you were watching a tutorial which quit working may have been the result of that other issue.

Video can in no way influence other software or cause changes in either the location of files or the link to that location. Something else is going on. More information on the version of PTE you are currently using and where your files were located would be helpful. Were they in a folder on your C: drive or on an external USB drive? Hundreds of people have used the videos without issues so we can assume the problem is elsewhere.

The more information you can give us, the easier it may be to troubleshoot for you.

Best regards,

Lin

Erno,

Are you sure your PC is totally free of all "malware"? The apparent random deletion of files worries me.

A couple of less worrying possibilities: have you deleted or renamed or moved any drives, folders, or files yourself recently? Were the "missing" items stored on an external device that isn't now connected (e.g. USB memory stick, CD, DVD)?

PTE does NOT store any copies of any files in the project file (in the .pte file). It navigates to where they were last time you told it to use them.

regards,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everone for all the replies.

I am using version 7.5.10.

The .pte files are saved to my D drive and the images are on the E drive. I think I may have moved the images to a new location on the D drive for the three shows that are not loading the images when I load the .pte files. The images do not "load" into the slide list or replace the Blue "Image Not Found" signs when I locate them in the tree file.

I have now moved all the files to the E drive and saved the .pte files for the shows that are ok under a new name after locating the images.

It seem that I will have to redo the three affected shows again.

Regards,

Ernest