WnSoft Forums

Natures Finest

ckirbysr

Hello Everyone,

I have just uploaded My first serious attempt at a slide show.

Other than very simple shows for my family.

Your Comments, Criticism, and any helpful tips will be most welcome.

The file is 15 megs and 3.30 min

Thank you in advance

Ckirbysr (Terry Kirby)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b6umewe2dqd54r6/Natures_Finest.zip

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Terry

I've just watched your show & would comment as follows. Although you said this was your first serious show, you have obviously got to grips with the more technical aspects of PTE than I have, even though you've been a member from the same year I started using PTE.

For me too much animation, it was distracting & tended to draw the eye away from the pictures which are what I wanted to see. Some of the animation sequences were not smooth, whether that is my hardware or your technique I don't know. It seemed to me you hadn't used the "setting up" section when carrying out your animation, in particular the "smooth" setting. As I said earlier, it could be my hardware. Loved the music. :)/>/> :(/>/> six & 2 threes.

Yachtsman1.

Hi Terry,

Nice images! I agree with Eric - I think maybe you should check the settings for "smooth" then separate all keypoints in Setting Up (Objects and Animations screen - Animations Tab). This would make the slides slide "smoothly" into position without the abrupt stop as they settle from their movement.

Otherwise a nice show! Thanks for sharing!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Terry,

I just watched your show, and you show a lot of wizardry in your presentation. For me that did not work, your pictures are to good to just fly by, and the emphasis became more on the movement of your images than the images itself. I would have liked to see the images longer on the screen, but different from Ken, I don't like to stop a show, as that takes out flow of a show I think.

Regards,

Bert

Terry

You have there a stunning collection of images, each one quite capable of saying something really interesting in its own right.

I honesty have to say that you have done yourself a disservice using complicated animated transactions; its far too busy, hard to see and enjoy each picture, and I mean this in the most constructive way, too gimmicky.

I am saying this because I believe that this has the potential to be a stunning slideshow. I think you should step back, look again and keep things simple; some very subtle panning and zooming would do the trick quite nicely.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

HelloTerry.

I loved your work, very original and far from the simple presentation of a slide after another.

Very creative indeed, perhaps, you have to correct minor aspects to make the presentation more fluid and can avoid some jumps ...

PicturesToExe has many possibilities, not only zoom and pan.

Probably would have been better distribute your transitions in several slideshow, and not combining all effects together.

Definitely very good job

Morasoft

Yachtsman1,

It is not your Hardware. Although everything runs smoothly on my setup. I have little comprehension of how to use smooth, accelerate, and slowdown functions. These seem to elude my feeble brain.

Ken,

Thank you for your compliment.

Lin,

Thank you for your compliment. Yes, the show would be better if I understood the smooth function.

A single slide doing one thing I understand.

A single slide doing multiple things.....I'm LOST.

Bert and Morturn ,

Thank you both for your comments.

you are both correct in the sense that I still have much to learn. and as you both have said. that simpler is still better.

Thank you both.

Morasoft ,

Thank you. I will continue to work on the fluidity of my shows. I might even get it right, one day.

thank you all for you comments and critique. now it's time for me to put it to good use.

Terry