WnSoft Forums

Autum Lake....

Lin Evans

Hi Guys,

Creating this little one minute slide was actually a good deal more complex than it might appear. It begins with rippling water in a lake then near the end, the ripples are gradually stilled. The complexity consists of animating portions of a scene separated by intervening objects such as the large tree. It's complicated by the vegetation in the foreground and around the edge of the lake in several places.

I worked out procedures for getting this to look as natural as possible in terms of animating a still image. Obviously, the ideal way to do this type thing would be to set up a tripod and shoot a minute or so of high resolution video, then take a still frame without moving the camera. They it would be as simple as a two slide dissolve transition, but there may be times when that isn't possible, and the effect is still desired.

If there is sufficient interest, I'll make a tutorial to show anyone interested how to proceed. It isn't difficult to learn, but it involves learning a few things about some other free software and how to combine the output and that of perhaps Photoshop, (or if you don't have PhotoShop, PixBuilder Studio will do nicely) to render the final slide. It can produce a very nice slide to spice up one or two of your favorite slides for a show....

Link to Autum Lake (about 13 meg)

Lin

Lin is getting bored while waiting for ver 8.0 so he is being creative and feeding all his findings to Igor for possible insertion in a future ver.)

keep on being bored mate -- you might try having some trout jumping in your next version :rolleyes:/>

ken

Nicely done Lin !!

(I like Ken's trout idea - I was thinking along the lines of someone (out of sight) dropping a stone in the still water and concentric circles emanating from the centre of the drop. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Thanks Jeff,

I added a link to download SqirlzWaterReflection to the Tutorials Section this morning. This is really great freeware and has recently been upgraded so you can modify existing AVI files.

Best regards,

Lin