WnSoft Forums

Desktop Locked on System Restore

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I mentioned in a previous post about a reported problem with audacity. I assumed it was that that was causing my DT to crash since I got back from holiday. Today after completing my last holiday show, I went on the audacity forum as the problem I thought fixed wasn't. I followed the advise, & installed a patch and uninstalled the version causing problems on certain PC's

it didn't work, he problem was still there(lock ups & blue screens), so I uninstalled the patch (beta) & installed the version before the one with problems (2nd advise). I then thought I would do a restore as I was still getting lock up so I started restore, that was 3 hours ago, & it's still running, it's never taken so long. Off to bed now, hopefully someone may know how to re-start it without losing my files. Asked the same question on the MS forum. Left the DT running in the hope it will find its own way home :(/> :(/> :(/>

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Got up at 6am but I could tell from the glow from the lounge that the PC was still locked. I started my LT & downloaded my Somerset shows to it, then after a deep breath switched off the PC. Left it a while then switched it back on. After a few minutes spitting & f*****g (the PC not me) :rolleyes:/>/>/> it came back on saying it was configuring the system restore. I'm writing this on it. Apart from loseing IE10 it is back to how it was, but has only had one blue screen dump when I did a quick switch to re-start it???

<...>

Yachtsman1.