WnSoft Forums

What is "Permit the control of show"

sqw

When you make a Slideshow that you have Sync'd to the music.

Then only Key on the keyboard that works is the ESC. to stop the slideshow.

If you put a check in the "Permit the control of the show". You can have the Nav bar

in a Sync Show or you can use the Right and Left Arrows to skip Fwd or Back in the slideshow.

With this, you can have your pictures in time with the music. But the viewer can still

view the pictures they want to longer. Or even Pause a show that is in Sync with a song.

cc

I have a question about that. I added "control of show" to one of my synchonised slideshows and while the pause works fine, if the back or forward functions are used the show starts playing again. That is to say, if I pause the show and back up one slide, I have to immediately hit pause again or it starts to play on from there. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Can it be fixed so that the show remains paused until it is toggled back to "play?

By the way, this was done using Beta 4 - I have not tried any of the later versions.

This is normal, Tom, since you have synchronized image and music. This way you can only stop or restart your show from the same or another slide.

If you want to advance or go back of one picture in "Pause" mode, you must create a "manually controlled" show (that is deselect "Synchronize slideshow to music duration" and also "Display each slide for" ["n" s and ms]).

If I pause the show and back up one slide, I have to immediately hit pause again or it starts to play on from there. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Tom,

I have found the same problem when I use the pause with permit control of show.

The option is new in the 4.2 beta's. (permit control of show)

I would also like the Pause to stayed paused until I press the pause button again,

in my Sync'd shows. Maybe this option will be changed before the final release.

cc

I would also like the Pause to stayed paused until I press the pause button again,

in my Sync'd shows. Maybe this option will be changed before the final release.

cc

I realize all we can each do is express our own experience. For me, Permit the Control of Show, feature is flawless. My first use of the navigation bar with control of a synced show did confuse me a little. But I think my confusion was the result of being a little over-anxious myself. I presented a show tonight that uses the feature. After reading this topic I took a closer look. Here is the behavior I find.

The pause button does pause the slide and the background music. The show stays paused until I click pause again, or the backward or forward arrow. Whether the pause button has been used or not, the arrow will move the show in the indicated direction, one slide per each click on the arrow. If I click the reverse arrow one time only, it will show the previous slide and then resume playing forward. If I click the back button on each earlier slide, I can reverse a slide at a time all the way to the start. And at any time, the pause button will stop and hold the show until I click one of the "move" options on the nav bar.

I think the feature is working (for me) exactly as Igor designed it to do.

I tend to agree with Tom and cc.

I find it a little awkward to have to be sure to press the reverse key before the next transition starts in order to move back more than one slide, especially since there is a bit of a lag before the action takes effect.

Just because the reverse or forward key has been pressed is no reason to start the show moving again. IMHO, when pause is pressed, the show should stay paused until one wants to start again. It would be a little like having pause stay paused for only 10 seconds and then start up again unless the user pressed pause again. There is no need for the show to start until the user toggles the pause control.

On my analogue tape recorder, when I press the pause key, the machine stays in that mode until I release it, whether I play forward, fast forward, fast reverse, etc.

One feature that is missing in PTE is a "key" control for the pause function. As it is, one has to use the navigation bar or build in a button control to pause the show, whereas one can forward or reverse even without the nav bar. I suggest the addition of the space bar for toggling the pause control on and off.

Just my views on the subject. :)