WnSoft Forums

I have a 13 year old exe file that I need to convert to a current form

rsessums

I have a 13 year old .exe file, made with a very old version of pictures to exe, that I need to convert to a current format.

I used picturestoexe back when it only made an .exe slideshow file. As you probably know, for security reasons, Windows, Gmail, etc. do not treat an .exe file nicely when you try to send it out via email or ftp. Gmail won't even allow it at all, even when I cleverly tucked it into a zip file.

I am many computers removed from the one that I made the slideshow on and the software (the 2000 version) is long gone. I also do not have the original project file and pictures. I do not own the current version and really don't need to have it for any other reason.

My question: Is there a way to convert my original .exe slideshow to a usable modern format (wmv, mov, m4p, etc.) If it can be done only with this software could I possibly pay one of you'll to convert it for me? The file is < 5 MB and is a very simple show, pictures and music only.

Thank you so much for any help and/or advice.

Rich

Tampa,FL USA

Hi Rich,

If you could zip the exe file, post it on your own server or to an upload site such as Beechbrook or other and provide us with a link, I'll have a look and see if I can recover all the images and music and put it into a current PTE file, or the output format you choose.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi,

Thanks! Actually, I've already extracted the images and created a Web Safe exe, an MP4 h.264 and sent Rich links to his new PTE file so he should be in good shape.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Just by curiosity: was it with Irfanview? Or how did you made the extraction?

Thanks and regards,

Jose

Looking at your computer specs. That's a lot of computing power. Video encoding must be very fast. Time to start planning my next upgrade.

Tom

EDIT: Nevermind, now I see they are part of robertg's post. I'll look closer next time!

---------------

MY computer specs? If you are talking about mine, how on earth did you find them? Were they somehow attached the my original zip file? Just curious.

BTW, if it's not me here are my basic specs anyway:

Intel i7-3770 (3rd gen.)

16 GB RAM

GeForce GTX650 Ti BOOST 2GB video card

240 GB SSD + 3.5 GB combined hard drive space

Windows 8 Professional