WnSoft Forums

Little Plug For PTE 8 on Youtube

Lin Evans

Hi Dave,

Thanks!

I probably should have - just didn't - no excuse - LOL

It's difficult to decide what to actually show on YouTube. A beautifully crafted AVI slideshow will often go unnoticed by the masses even though that's precisely what the majority of PTE users do with this program. Because nearly all decent presentation slideshow software "can" produce a really nice show with a skilled user at the helm, it makes it exceedingly difficult to differentiate ease of use and versatility with a single example or even a few examples of what makes PTE different. Ease of use is something very difficult to portray unless done in a "tutorial" fashion. But for a tutorial to be actually "watched" by a potential buyer, something has to attract their attention.

Because of this realization, I tend to post rather dramatic and hopefully unusual examples of PTE's use. I probably should comment on these that even though PTE "can" do these things, it's not intended as representative of what "should" be done with it - just examples of the great power and versatility in the program which sets it apart from the others. I watch carefully the comments and look at the analysis to see what people actually watch, and it's exactly those shows with the most animation and unusual application which attracts the most comments and number of "hits." So I suppose to attract more users it's a useful way of advertising for the product. At least I hope so...

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for the plug - it looks good!!

DG

P.S. Why did you not use the 3D text which Igor created specially for you? cool.gif/>

You absolutely have the skill to create any of the shows I put up - it's just a matter of taking the time to analyze the various features in PTE and apply them in different ways. Most of what I create and post is not really that difficult to do at all, but it does take a little time to think about what is actually going on. The best way I've discovered to learn different ways to use this program is to just literally "play" with it. Try different things. When you find something which works, write down the exact steps and go back and analyze what you've done and ponder why it worked while something else didn't.

The hierarchical parent/child and masking capabilities are things which set this software apart from most of the contemporaries. Combining these features in different ways allows the user to do things which simply can't be done with the vast majority of presentation slideshow software. Making full use of the power of controlling multiple "children" with an invisible parent "frame" is one of the amazing features of PTE in my experience.

Ask Dominique (theDom) about this - he makes incredibly great use of these features in his animations. There is much hidden power in PTE yet to be realized I believe. I remember back when the late and incredibly amazing JPD was creating things with PTE which Igor said he hadn't a clue were even possible. Today, Jean-Cyprien, Dominique, David, Peter, and a number of other creative people continually amaze me with their implementation of PTE for new and different applications.

I truly think that we are presently only scratching the surface of what is to come. Some of our French users are creating tools which facilitate such things as following a bezier curve, etc. - hopefully this feature may be incorporated in a future version of PTE. This product is truly the culmination of input from multiple creative people. The developers continually give us the tools with which we can express creativity. They deserve all the credit for being quite different that the vast majority of software development people who rarely implement user suggestions.

Best regards,

Lin

I wish I had the skill Lin blink.gif

Hi Tom,

Thanks!

I use pretty small, low resolution videos to keep the file size manageable, but I "could" use one full sized high resolution video sized to fit the display and zoom in on it using perhaps masking to block the rest of the lower resolution ones. Perhaps something like a black png file with a screen cut-out which I would use to focus attention on one small video display, then have the PNG locked with the video as the child and zoom the two synchronously to fill the screen, reverse the process and go back to the cube animation. i'll give it a try maybe tomorrow and see how it might work out.

Best regards,

Lin

Hey Robert,

Thanks!

This time of year here in the states "snow" is already falling!! Probably concentrating on Christmas snow scenes is a much more productive use of our time than dumb cubes with thousands of video displays, but it's all great fun, at least for me, and does go to show that PTE has some dynamite capabilities and allows some of us older retired codgers to have fun playing with the toys and tools that Wnsoft has been so kind to produce for us.

The new Styles feature is going to open many doors for this product. It will allow people who haven't the time and interest to devote to learning all the possible intricacies to produce excellent transitions, effects and such when and if they choose, and even act as a time saver for ordinary shows which will let users concentrate more on content and spend less time on the mechanics. In all, it's a very nice Christmas present for all of us who love presentations of our photographic efforts!!!

Best regards,

Lin