WnSoft Forums

DvD for TV

JerryA

Having a real problem I hope the Gurus can shed light on. I had PTE 7.5 but my Video builder license was overdue and I had upgraded from the original purchase and not saved my older PTE, so I figured that was why I was having a

"run time " issue or maybe a conflict with Nero 12????

I keep getting a message " Application requested Runtime to terminate in an unusual way, contact application support team " Was from " Microsoft Runtime Visual C++ Library

I have read past posts and watched Yachtman's video and thought upgrading the whole program to the newer Deluxe 7.5.10

and getting the latest License would solve the problem, but No Go

I have my keys for Nero12, as well as the exe file. So I could delete it ( it pops up while I'm trying to Publish in PTE, but I would not know where the project files would be anyway!!

I did make an ISO file, but can't seem to figure out how to burn it in Nero Any help would be greatly appreciated, I seem to have become to official slideshow maker for family funerals )+: and my wife's Mom has past, the last time I used PTE to to make one for her Dad's funeral over a year ago and that went smoothly.

Only thing I upgraded was Nero and now the new PTE 7.5.10 I'm in Canada, so using the North American standard for TV, so kinda bummed out Thanks

Guest Yachtsman1

I'm in Canada, so using the North American standard for TV, so kinda bummed out Thanks

Hi Jerry

Did you re-set the TV standard in Project Options when you tried to publish, as you have a new version of PTE I'm not sure what the default is :unsure:/> Not sure if that is the cause of your trouble but any port in a storm, so to speak. ;)

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-30736700-1382340516_thumb.jp

Hi Jerry

Did you re-set the TV standard in Project Options when you tried to publish, as you have a new version of PTE I'm not sure what the default is :unsure:/>/> Not sure if that is the cause of your trouble but any port in a storm, so to speak. ;)/>

Yachtsman1.

Thanks yachtsman1, yeap, had it set right, thanks btw for your video and all the support you offer. It may well be a conflict with Nero, I'm going to delete it and see what happens. Thank you

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks yachtsman1, yeap, had it set right, thanks btw for your video and all the support you offer. It may well be a conflict with Nero, I'm going to delete it and see what happens. Thank you

Hi Jerry

I also have Nero, don't get any conflict. Is the Nero up to date?

Yachtsman1.

Thanks DG, all that opened was an anti virus program to check it (+: Appreciate the response though

That "possibly" means that you don't have a programme capable of doing it.

My PC came loaded with Cyber-Link Power 2 Go.

That does it for me. W7 64 Bit.

Roxio does it. WXP, Vista and W7 - never had a problem.

I have always avoided Nero - no particular reason.

The MPG file that you mentioned "should" load into whatever version of PTE works for you and you could try burning the result - although it is a long shot.

DG

P.S. This:

http://www.imgburn.com/

has been mentioned here more than once.

Hi Jerry

I also have Nero, don't get any conflict. Is the Nero up to date?

Yachtsman1.

Not the very latest, but Nero 12, but have read it can be flaky, at times, if you don't do a complete uninstall of previous versions.

I have now done that, purchased an Uninstall program that clears the register of " Leftovers, so I'll see if that solves the issue and then I'll reinstall

That "possibly" means that you don't have a programme capable of doing it.

My PC came loaded with Cyber-Link Power 2 Go.

That does it for me.

Roxio does it.

I have always avoided Nero - no particular reason.

The MPG file that you mentioned "should" load into whatever version of PTE works for you and you could try burning the result - although it is a long shot.

DG

P.S. This:

http://www.imgburn.com/

has been mentioned here more than once.

Thanks Dave, I hope I can clear up the issue as Roxio is $100. Not a problem if I hadn't just upgraded Nero, but I may have to bite the bullet )+: Thanks for the software recommendation though, Nero use to be great ( I had Nero 7 ) never had an issue, first time using Nero 12 and ???????

Well folks, un-installing Nero12 seems to have been the ticket!!!! I have made one DVD on a DVD+RW and am now doing one on a DVD-R Hopefully when I reinstall Nero, it behaves and plays nice!!!!! I will be contqacting them anyway, as I really don't like software that does things like this ( take control and disable other software ) or disrupt our workflow!!!

Thanks for the support guys & Gals, I don't post often, but Lurk&Learn and much appreciate the gracious sharing many members have freely given!! (+:

Jerry,

The Gurus must be out to lunch. :rolleyes:

Re software Nero = Bloatware and you have noted some of it's nasty habits.

Roxio = Jokeware Don't even go there

Cyberlink = Christmas Crackerware

IMG Burn = Best burning software on the planet. Freeware (just don't install the toolbar)

CDBurnerXP = Very good Freeware. (just don't install the toolbar)

Beware of those 'sponsored' online reviews.

Davy

JerryA,

Just a note to let you know that PTE-Video Builder also burns ISO files. Its limited to one copy at a time, and not multiple copies. See attachment for selection/location to use Burn ISO Image in Video Builder.

* Its best overall to burn slow so as not to promote possible errors. Dont perform additional PC (multi-tasking) operations during the burn process.

* Double-clicking an ISO file is all dependant on how your Windows OS has associated the file extension for execution.

post-45-0-98830800-1382389285_thumb.jpg

Jerry,

The Gurus must be out to lunch. :rolleyes:/>/>

IMG Burn = Best burning software on the planet. Freeware (just don't install the toolbar)

Davy

Thanks Davy------- IMG Burn I lika da price (+: Will be dloading that one Thanks

JerryA,

Just a note to let you know that PTE-Video Builder also burns ISO files. Its limited to one copy at a time, and not multiple copies. See attachment for selection/location to use Burn ISO Image in Video Builder.

* Its best overall to burn slow so as not to promote possible errors. Dont perform additional PC (multi-tasking) operations during the burn process.

* Double-clicking an ISO file is all dependant on how your Windows OS has associated the file extension for execution.

Thanks Nobeef, will check out the ISO route after I Dload IMG (+: Not trusting Nero 12

Stu,

I have never had to associate the ISO with any particular software. On my last two machines double clicking always brought up Roxio after it was installed. On my current machine the pre-installed software must have set the association because I have never set it. I have always assumed that these softwares do this automatically and sometimes ask you to confirm it. NX2 automatically associates NEF files etc.

DG

Thanks Ken, should have mentioned I'm still on XP (=: My wife has Windows 7 beside me in the office and from the choice of words used it seems she's not impressed, though change gets harder with more beauty (+: I'll study up on the third party option though Thanks

Well folks have managed to get the DVD's made, did a delete of Nero 12, unistalled both PTE 7.5.2 and 7.5.10, redownloaded-- burned slow 4x and can go to the funeral home tomorrow for a test, then some CD cover print and my Honey Do list for this sad project is done )+: Family funeral slideshows tear my heart out.

Thanks everyone for the advice and software suggestions, very much appreciated.

Jerry,

The Gurus must be out to lunch. :rolleyes:/>

Davy

Thanks again Davy, I Dloaded IMG burn nice clean and simple interface compared to Nero, granted Nero has my back up software and other "Bloatware" Good heads up on the tool bar

Jerry,

Good that it worked for you. If you are distributing dvd copies,to maximize compatibility with different players

stick with Dvd-r discs and avoid the value bargain bin bundles. Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim (azo dye variety) are generally good.

If your burner is getting on a bit,you might be able to update its firmware.

No need to burn at really slow speeds unless your burner/discs are restricted.

If you can only get Dvd+r discs,Img Burn will allow you to convert them to Dvd-r discs.

Davy