WnSoft Forums

Change Sound File

Igor

Yesterday I was putting together a camera club presentation with a long section of comments all stitched together. (one file) It wasn't until I got right near the end that I picked up an error (bad practice on my part :rolleyes:/>/>/> I made a mistake) I could correct the sound file reasonably easy, but thought it would be nice to be able to exchange one sound file for the other leaving the fade in and volume levels untouched. However, I am not sure how practical this is because the new sound file was slightly longer than the one I wanted to replace it with.

Just an idea.

When I corrected the music I had the individual takes stitched together as an Mp3 in Camtasia, but I allowed the new sound file to be converted directly into my working folder. I used a different file name so it could be created alongside the one I wanted to replace. PTE showed that music stitch with a big blue flag saying it was damaged. I have sufficient experience to know what it was causing the warning and I ignored it. The sound file could be dragged to the timeline and was fine. Of course closing and re-launching PTE will cure that flag, but it you didn't know what had caused it and that the sound file was in fact perfectly OK, it could cause some frustration for a user.

Thanks, I never read that thread

One may ask the question why didn't you (a very experienced user) find this feature in Beta9? One reason may be that it is by no means obvious to make a double-click on the audio clip's name or to look for the context menu. Here we see another feature that is not that easy to find. In another topic of this forum section people have a discussion on user friendliness .....

jt

After seeing you're first reply and reading the other thread more fully, it reminded me that I had downloaded beta 9, but not installed it. So, I did install it and went straight to a right click of the wave file. No replace command there :unsure:/> . I looked everywhere and started to get frustrated :angry:/> Eventually I had to go back to the threads to find out where it was and you're second post came in and I followed that.

Yes, I think you are right. This sort of thing needs to be much easier to find than that. It's as though its deliberately hidden. Right click on the track you want to replace is where a "Replace Track" should be.