WnSoft Forums

No, I won't be ordering one

davegee

Hi Dave,

It's a nice retro-look camera, but overpriced in my opinion. The only "real" advantage is its ability to use legacy lenses. I do like the fact that there are lock mechanisms on a couple of the major controls which minimizes the probability of accidentally changing a setting. It's a fine 16 megapixel camera, but with no built-in flash and nearly a 3K price tag it will probably not appeal to a huge number of photographers. In some ways it's like a Leica - those who can "afford" the luxury of the name will enjoy it and Nikon users who have deep pockets might want one for nostalgia's sake. I'm with you. I would buy a D7100 or even a D800E first .

Best regards,

Lin

The idea is sound and it will probably sell in small quantities.

There has been a demand for this sort of camera from the purists for a long time now. Look at the Leica Monochrom - I guess Tom won't be buying that one either!

I have rarely used the Movie Mode it my D600 and even when I did it was not in a serious way.

There are numerous things on the D600 I could happily live without - but Nikon will not make me a Stripped Down or Modular Camera AND shave £1000 off the asking price!!

No, I won't be changing the D600 for quite some time.

DG