WnSoft Forums

Pictures into PTE

canico

Hi Canico,

You don't actually "move" your images. Just put them all on either your hard drive or on some other form of local media and navigate to that place from PTE. You will not be able to attach to images in Drop Box - you have to download them to your system first.

On the top of your opening screen in PTE there is a small "drive" icon. Generally it will be found on the left side of the tool bar line just under the word "help." Click on this icon to navigate to attached devices including your internal hard disk and then look below and you will see the "tree" structure of that device. Click on the appropriate folder and you will find your images located on that device. You may then either double click an image, drag and drop an image to the slide list or right click on the list and take the appropriate steps from the drop-down table.

Best regards,

Lin

I have a very basic question - I have pictures in Dropbox and hard drive,how do I move them into 7.0 & 7.5 to get started?

Thank you

You don't actually "move" you images. Just put them all on either your hard drive or on some other form of local media and navigate to that place from PTE. You will not be able to attach to images in Drop Box - you have to download them to your system first.

No you dont. Anything in Dropbox is already on the local hard drive including images.All Dropbox does is mark a particular folder on the hard drive to be synced to the cloud. Its still a local folder, with files on the hard drive and works like any other folder of images.

So someone uploads a file to dropbox for you and you have not downloaded it and it magically appears on your own hard drive? Doesn't work that way for me... If it worked that way, Dropbox would have to have a really great crystal ball which would automatically know the URL of every computer which might ever request a file from someone else who had uploaded it. That would be a pretty good trick if it could be done. The assumption is that the OP wants to attach to something other than his own files which are presumably already on his hard disk. Personally, I think you are playing word games here. What I said in my post is correct. You don't find someone's files which they have posted to dropbox for download until such time as you have them on your own system.

Lin

So someone uploads a file to dropbox for you and you have not downloaded it and it magically appears on your own hard drive? Doesn't work that way for me... If it worked that way, Dropbox would have to have a really great crystal ball which would automatically know the URL of every computer which might ever request a file from someone else who had uploaded it. That would be a pretty good trick if it could be done.

He said "I have pictures in Dropbox and hard drive" To me, that says its his own photos in his own Dropbox account and they are already on his hard drive. All he needs to do is access them like any other folder.

Youre talking about when someone publishes a Dropbox url.That is different. Obviously you have to download someone elses photos but thats not what he said.