WnSoft Forums

Create Slideshow

Oleg has posted our new show entitled "Create Slideshow" at Beechbrook Cottage. Here are some tips for watching the show and learning the techniques that we have included in this show.

There is a text file included with the zipped file that you should read. We recommend watching the show from the beginning in its entirety. The show is divided into four separate mini slideshows starting with CreateSlideshow (the introduction). If you then want to view each of the three sections and try the techniques that are show, first open PhotoShop. Then start one of the sections and use the pause key during the show, Alt Tab out to PhotoShop, and practice the techniques.

The first learning section is CreateSS1 and covers a basic PSD file in PhotoShop, working with layers, and creating Shadow Layers. The second section is CreateSS2 and covers creating frames and borders. The final section is Create SS3 and covers working with text layers.

This was a huge project for Oleg and I was honored to have worked with him on this project. If there is text that you do not understand I will be happy to take the blame. ;)

We hope you enjoy the show and look forward to seeing your experiments with our techniques in your future shows. :)

Carol

Carol and Oleg - how nice of you to share your talent and time this way!

Thank you very much.

I know many of us are overly concerned with "time" it takes to make a presentation. Art in it's most personal sense certainly should not be constrained by time dedicated to a project. Never the less, I would be curious, how many hours a presentation might take you to construct - when the techniques are well known and practiced. I don't mean how long to create the masterpiece you have just posted. But maybe sometime, if you do a new show starting with say 30 images. If you could record how much time it might involve to do the Photoshop work and then the PTE. And then if you could share the presentation and tell us how many hours?

Well ... about the time question. That's a hard question to answer. Oleg and I have been working on the show we just posted since December but there had been a lot of emailing back and forth to get it done. On my show Journey to the Planet Ocean I spent about two months working on it. But, a lot of that time was getting the photos ready to use. Then I spent time putting them with backgrounds, frames and borders, and text. After that I spent time getting the music right. So it's hard to say how long timewise a project might take.

Even if you are really experienced with PhotoShop and the techniques we showed in the presentation, there would still be a lot of man hours involved in creating a show. If I think about it the next time I put one together I'll keep a time card handy. ;)

We're glad you liked the show!

Carol

Oleg and Carol,

Great tutorial! Judging from past queries here on the Forum, there was a real need for a show like this, and you two have risen to the challenge and produced a very valuable masterpiece! Thanks so much for doing this! :)

HI Oleg & Carol,

It was an great tutorial, just what i have been waiting for regarding the presentation of effects using frames ect,

regarding the time wise of this tutorial put to-gether would as you state be difficult, but tell me was it possible to do a any or part of the work using the actions and batch command, i find these invaluable at times,on certain projects i carry out, even such as a simple make over,

Anyway thanks for a great tutorial.

Dave

To LumenLux:

Art in it's most personal sense certainly should not be constrained

I think you are right absolutely.

And then if you could share the presentation and tell us how many hours?

Carol are right, this is some strange project... Carol and me "had been a lot

of emailing back and forth". :)

"Olga Boritsch, Photographer" is good for example, I think.

So... 3 steps.

1. About 2 month I see, see and see Olga's photos (she sent me about

700 photos).

2. Create presentation - about 24 hour infinity work on PC (A work with pictures

in PhotoShop, treating the sound, PTE). :huh::rolleyes:

3. Correction of results - about 3 week (1-3 hour in a day) and 2 full reconstruction

of a presentation.

I'm very lazy person...

To ContaxMan and alrobin:

Thank you for compliments, dear friends!

Oleg :blink:

Oleg and Carol:

Great work !!!!

This will take the msytery out of your shows, not sure if that is good or not ;)

Really great the way everyone shares their knowledge here at PTE.

What do you to for an encore to top this presentation ??

• 2 weeks later...

Oleg and Carol

Your show made my download the trial version.

Al's tutorial made me buy it.

The concept you used in overlaying a semi transparent layer over a screenshot and cutting out a feathered window is a great artful design concept.

When I saw this I went straight ahaed to design how to use Actions in PS in most the same way you did.

24 hours later 40 slides are ready and making more.

The concept is so GREAT. The technical stuff is childsplay for me.

The only thing you did not mention is: setting color management setting to sRGB for the Web and sharpening.

Thanks for the eye opener,