WnSoft Forums

fade out from last slide to desktop

fromatoz

Harry

could someone show me how to use this application

Try this Harry

Start a new PTE presentation using 3 slides.

On 1st slide - click " Customize Slide " - " Effects tab " Check " Use own transition effect " Choose " Circle - from center ". At the botton change settings to " Effect duration 7000 - Own thickness of smoothing lines to 400 - click OK.

Click " Project Options " - " Screen tab " - Check " Show first transition from desktop " - click OK.

Now " Preview "

Your show will start from the center of the PTE program, as the PTE screen fades off screen. ( or otherwise your desktop )

-----------------------------

Click " Project Options " - " Screen " - UNCHECK

" Show first transition from desktop " - click OK

Now " Preview "

You will see the difference.

** Try a few different effects for instance ( Rectangle from center ) ( Hour Hand Clockwise ) - 7000, - try smooth 100. )

Hope I have explained correctly, as not to confused you more.

:P Ok,

It worked fine this time and thank you again Hawk!!!!!!!!!

I was amused I thought it was fine. I assume a person putting the cd into the computer from the desk top the presentation would just fade into the show. I tried it with a black screen as my first slide the second time and to me that was more effective but too much what I do anyway.

I liked the fade into the picture which was very effective. I will work with it some more.

Harry

Hi, Hawk

Click " Project Options " - " Screen tab " - Check " Show first transition from desktop " - click OK.

I did not find an option "Show first transition from desktop" there.

Still using trial version - may that be why?

Other explainations?

Panury

Panury,

I believe the trial version is the latest "official" version of PTE. What version number do you see when you open it?

The latest features such as "Show first transition from desktop" are available only in the later "beta" versions of 4.20.

You are right Joe...., but what it doesn't do is to gently fade back to the desktop with a fade and speed of your choice, rather than an abrupt transition.

I also offer an idea which I often use now instead of the black slide (or blank slide a carry over from the traditional twin slide projector system) is to substitute a patterned or other such image prepared in Photoshop matching either the first or last image in the sequence.

Now that I am converted to "Show first transition from desktop" as a useful tool I look forward to the possible "Last transition back to desktop".

Ron [uK]