WnSoft Forums

problem with PTE

JRR

I have been working with PTE since version 3.75 with no computer problems at all.

But I am having some "fun" now with beta 8.

Ever since I added the suggested two extra lines of code in the APR.ini file I have run into PTE shut down problems.

The symptoms vary, but generally when I open PTE and then go FILE>OPEN, the new show comes up, but the preview screen (top right) flickers for a second and no image is visible. When I try to work with the show I get :

Apr has caused an error in <unknown> Apr will now close

I tried running one of the earlier versions and found the same thing

I have uninstalled all the versions of PTE and re-installed PTE beta 8 and still get the same problem.

If I doubleclick the appropriate PTE file in EXPLORE, it opens OK and I can work with it.

Anyone experienced this ? Or have suggestions ? ( I am not a techie)

Thx

It's a strange problem, because I remember that I didn't change anything in this part of PTE. However we must solve this problem.

I've understood the problem comes now and with one old version which earlier worked fine? So probably, I suppose the reason not in beta #8.

Those two added lines to apr.ini file *absolutely* can't call such problem.

Please remember which new programs you've installed (or added some changes in Windows) recently? Check the hard drive with Scandisc and with antivirus.

1) This problem occurs when you try to open any earlier created .pte projects files?

2) Change the folder in the file panel (left panel in the main PTE's window) and then try again to open some project.

3) Restart Windows if you turned it off to Hybernate or Sleep mode for a long time (weeks). Maybe it will help.

Igor:

- It might not be a PTE problem, but I have no problems with any other software on the computer

- I have done a virus check

- Yes it showed up on earlier versions that were still installed when the problem started

- Yes it is a problem when I FILE>OPEN to an existing project

- Opening an existing project from EXPLORE is OK

- Changing panel on left to an existing show file and then going FILE>OPEN seemed OK (once anyway)

- I have restarted the computer at times with no differences.

- Sometimes after PTE shuts down due to error, the resources in the computer are so low that I have shut down and start again

I have ways around the issue, but it is a nuisance

Feel free to contact me "off forum" if you want to rather than staying on the forum

Thanks