WnSoft Forums

Error Message.

Mike Craven

Mike, I spent days trying to determine the cause of that error as it occurred sometimes with PTE shows I was trying to put on DVD. Igor also was very good trying to solve it with my testing. Conclusion, both Igor and I had to turn attention to other things. It may well be a bad combination of events on our PC's as cause, but Igor would like very much to find the cause so it could be avoided. I tried also to find an answer on Ulead's site. That is not easy. What I eventually found is that MANY people get that error message who are not using PTE. There are many complaints and some answers that some Ulead people say solved their particular situation. I think the error message is very generic and probably results from many, different, problems. I did find that it was only a problem on some of my PTE/dvd creations. Others do fine. So, if you want to test further, you might be able to isolate what conditions result in the error. Try some different PTE shows - different slides, different music etc. Maybe you can find the common denominator of the problem cases. Maybe also, Igor will find time to look further and or direct your efforts to help isolate the problem.

Lumenlux, Thanks for the reply, I also spent hours on the ulead site plus other links to Movie Factory 2 forums with no luck. I also emailed ulead tech help but knowing ulead ( I have other ulead software) I will be dead and buried before I get a response. While I was on the ulead site I downloaded all the lastest patches for the software, uninstalled then reinstalled with the new patches, then downloaded new pte v20 remade a new slideshow and in Movie Factory 2 after loading the file watched a full preview, no problem clicked record it whent

full 100% and came up same error 80041c21. I am at a loss. Anybody any other

ideas.

Mike C. :(

Have you tried several SIMPLE small shows with different components to see if you can get any combination to succeed? Igor saw our last posts about this and emailed me that he would still like to find out what causes this not-always problem. Even if it is essentially a Ulead problem or only a PTE problem of certain hardware/software combinations, he would like to solve it. Maybe you will have some inspiration that will be the key. ;)

:D Hi Lumenlux,

I had to shoot a birthday party last night, when I got home I converted my raw files to jpegs, made a new action to resize and loaded into PTe previewed and created file. Clicked on Video button and clicked create video,brought in Movie Factory 2 and went though normal process hit record and went to bed (3am).

Just got up and disc had been ejected and on sreen it said the disc had burned sucessfully. Back into PTe clicked finished and pushed disc back into computer

brought up Windows Media player and hit the play button and I now have a fully working DVD from PTe.

I would like to thank Ivor and his team for all the work they have put in the making of this software, and also to all the senior members like yourself who are always there to help, you make it all worthwhile.

Now as I have saved 4 hours today by not having to make a seperate DVD I can get out my Truimph and go for a blast in the Derbyshire hills.

Many thanks again to all

Mike Craven

Mike,

Thanks for posting a Success story.

Most people are only posting when they have trouble. It is good to hear

when we have success too.

Myself I have used both Pinnacle Studio 8 and Easy CD Creator 6 and both

seem to work very well. I prefer Studio 8 because it seems I have more control

over the Final DVD. Maybe I have just used it more?

With it taking a fare amount of time to create a DVD sometimes our trials are days

in the making. So we forget to come back to the forum and post our Success Stories.

cc

cc & mike - both good points.

Mike, my only regret is that I can't invite myself for the ride through the hills in your Truimph. I assume it is very much like a Triumph! :D

Back to the PTE/Ulead relationship - Do you have any idea why this one worked for you?

cc- Thanks also for the report on Studio 8. I have thought some users were maybe using it with such good success we were hearing nothing. Personally I had experienced several instability issues with Studio 8 even before introducing PTE to it. I'm sure you are right about Studio 8 doing more than Ulead Movie Factory2.

B) Lumenlux

I can only think that my success in making the show was by downloading the Movie Factory 2 update, and there was a patch for P4 processors on the same page that I also downloaded. I hope this helps.

BTW, the Triumph is a Daytona 995i race spec motorcycle, and I think you would be far safer at home,Ref; Mad Dogs and Englishmen :lol:

regards Mike.

BTW, the Triumph is a Daytona 995i race spec motorcycle, and I think you would be far safer at home,Ref; Mad Dogs and Englishmen :lol:

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking more along the lines of the old classic? TR2 or TR3 sports cars of by-gone years.