WnSoft Forums

Slide Style Audio

I can add audio to a slide by adding video to slide. The video was created in PTE and is black 640x480. I can make the video transparent or set the order so the video is in background.

The problem is when I save it as a style and then try to apply the style to other slides the video sometimes turns from black to green and there is no audio.

Not bad enough to be a bug but it would be nice if we can use video and audio in slide styles.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm a little unclear of the exact procedure you are using. If you want to add the audio of a video to a slide, wouldn't it make more sense to just add the audio to the slide via the "add video for audio feature" then "link to slide" rather than make the video transparent? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are actually doing?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

A style is a self contained zip file with all the required media for the style. I was just testing to see if I could create a style with audio. I could not figure out how to add audio to the slide (without using either slide options or project options). That's why I am inserting a video just to play audio. The audio would play for each slide that uses that particular style. It should be automatic without user having to add the audio file. It could be an animal making a sound, etc. The first couple of slides plays the sound when a new slide is displayed but then it quits for no apparent reason.

Tried creating a zip file in 8.0.1 with all the media but no luck.

Tom

post-2058-0-94164400-1386815245_thumb.pn

O.K., now I understand why. What you really need, I think, is to be able to add audio as an object just as we add images or video. Perhaps that might be something which Igor could consider for a future version.

Best regards,

Lin