WnSoft Forums

Music to slideshow

Houstonmerv

I am new to PTE, and I think it's a great product :)

I am a wedding and portrait photographer and this product is ideal to show clients the finished product. The first presentation I put together on Sunday was great. I timed the transitions to the music perfectly, but, I am using a very fast PC with a Gig of memory, and I used my high quality, 300 ppi images. When I played the show on the client's PC the timing was way out. I've now corrected that problem by using lower quality images, which still look great on the client's PC. I have one remaining problem, though. At first, I spent a long time in the timing of the transitions. I used the customize slide, and set the timing of the images by trial and error. Then I discovered the Project options/ customize sync. Now I'm able to play the music (which is 9 min 33 secs long) and drop the transitions in exactly where I want them (the show should be 2 Min 42 secs long). After the transition to the last slide however, the last slide keeps on the screen until the music ends. When I was manually timing the show, I could set up the last slide's display time exactly to a brake point in the music.

How do i do this in the Customize sync

Welcome Merv from the great state of Houston!?

If I understand your need, I think you can accomplish it this way. On main screen, project options, show settings,check the "close show after last slide." Use the customize sync as you have done and make sure your transition marks are all visable on the time line. Then back on the project options, just below "show settings", uncheck the "synchronize slide show to music duration." (You may also have to go through and uncheck the customize slide boxes that you have checked and previously given specific times to.) Finally, customize the final slide to the desired duration. When the show runs, it should shut down when the last slide duration count is done. The music will then be cut short at that point. I just tried what I have tried to describe and it worked with my sample. Eventually you may want to take a different approach by using a sound editor to change your music to your preferred length.