WnSoft Forums

Slide List

aplman

I appreciate the ability to arrange the slide list in random order. However, I cannot find anywhere the facility to sort the slide list in any other way, for example by main image file name. Can someone advise please?

Many thanks ...

APLman (Ken T)

Could I also add to this that doing a SEARCH of the Online Help File for the word SORT will bring up the information that Lin quoted?

DG

My thanks to Lin for his very quick response, and to Dave for the reminder of that lovely new resource. However, I was already aware of the "Sort File List" facility. It's a "Sort Slide List" function I was after, and I'm guessing nothing in the help system says whether there is such a function.

It might help if I explain. To try out the various Slide Style options, I wanted to use them randomly in a trial project. I could randomise the slide order, select a batch of slides, apply one style to those, randomise again and apply a different style to a different batch, and so on. But at the end, I would want to restore the slides (with their styles) to a more meaningful sequence. Sadly, I could not do it.

An alternative idea would be easily implemented, I believe. In the Slide menu, perhaps below "Random Order", a new item "Random selection" would be useful. A prompt of "How many?" would follow. If multiple slides were already selected, then the specified randomising would apply to those only. Otherwise, to the entire slide list.

Thank you both again ...

Ken T (APLman)