WnSoft Forums

Reduce Slide Duration

orizaba

Trying to recover some parts of a project made under XP SP3 32-bit, which refuses to open under my actual W7 ULTIMATE 64-bit (OUT OF MEMORY ERROR and CRASH), I was able to isolate a certain slide 3:34,099 long, and open it in O&A of my actual PTE 8.0.1.

This slide is most important for me: it only contains an HD video of a river at sunset, which I want to include in another project.

However, the video length is only 1:29,960 and it is located at the end of the slide.

This way, the first 02:04,139 of the slide are black, nothing is there.

I want to reduce the length of the slide to 1:29,139 (video length).

This would be no problem if situation was only about one simple video with its initial keyframe.

However, situation is that such video has been shot from a boat. Of course, I stabilized it (SONY VEGAS), but it was not enough, as the sun was still jumping side to side, up and down, and horizont line changing inclination.

I had to "stabilize" it here in PTE, using lots of keyframes and changing X, Y and ROTATION in each keyframe. I was able to get a good and stable video.

However, I had to zoom-in the whole video (119%), in order to not show black border zones.

I was able to eliminate all black borders except upper black border, as I do not want to zoom-in anymore.

To fill such upper black border, I used same video again under a Blur Mask Container, and zoomed-out it (vertical zoom only), in order that no separation line between both videos was visible.

99% perfect and smooth, just like I want it!

So, with so many keyframes (X, Y, Rotation) in both videos, along 1:29,960, is there a way to "push" these videos to the start of the reduced slide, without working on each and every keyframe?

All this (isolate the past project, slide by slide, in order to recover sequences of videos and pictures already prepared), once more (see Nov 2012 posts), only because PTE still is a native 32-bit software.

I just messaged Igor about this.

4K is arriving , HD is in its middle age, and PTE goes on developing fantastic capabilities which can not be used freely because of 32-bit limitations. And don't say that this is "pushing the limits" as someone said before.

Thanks.

Jose

Jose,

Will this work?

Experiment on a COPY?

Click on the Video in the Objects Panel.

Delete the Zero Key Frame for the Video (if there is one)

Press Control + E to show Shift Key Frame control.

Shift by 60 seconds to the left (example).

Remove 60 seconds from the Video Offset in Properties Tab (example).

Remove 60 seconds from the Slide Duration (example).

I have assumed that there is an OFFSET to the Video.

DG

Jose,

Will this work?

Experiment on a COPY?

Click on the Video in the Objects Panel.

Delete the Zero Key Frame for the Video (if there is one)

Press Control + E to show Shift Key Frame control.

Shift by 60 seconds to the left (example).

Remove 60 seconds from the Video Offset in Properties Tab (example).

Remove 60 seconds from the Slide Duration (example).

I have assumed that there is an OFFSET to the Video.

DG

Dave,

Thanks so much. It worked! Perfect!

I didn't even know this very usefull Shift Key Frame Control. Great!

Best regards,

Jose