WnSoft Forums

Improve the "default" keyboard controls

For small slideshows, it's relatively easy to run back and forth through (say) 40-50 slides with the arrow keys, but for much bigger shows (several hundred slides) getting around an executable slideshow is a drag if it has to be done one slide at a time. I'm suggesting that you add:

1. a "faster/slower forward (or backward)" capability to speed-up or slow down the show (in either direction, backward or forward),

2. a "skip n slides forward/backward" capability, where n is entered on the keyboard,

3. a "jump to slide x" capability, and

4. a way to display the current slide number and the total number of slides in the slideshow (a keyboard toggle).

Justification:

Consider, for example, a company/individual that is using a large generic sequence of slides to highlight the work of the company/individual--at a tradeshow, perhaps. Now a potential client appears at your booth and says, "I'd like to show my colleague that project you displayed five minutes ago". What now? Restart the slideshow, or click, click, click ... almost there! By the time you've found the slide the potential client has moved on to other things. I've got to believe there are other circumstances, similar to this, where people want to move around a large slideshow in a (more) efficient manner.

Suggestion to your problem.

Display the Navigation bar & simply drag the slider to the appropriate place in the sequence.

Or break the sequence down into smaller sections & use a Menu function to quickly display the relevant section.

Jill