WnSoft Forums

Opacity for 3D forms

bogari0171

Thanks to Lin Evans and Dave Gee i can reasonably manage 3D forms, like cubes, tetrahedron or icosaedrom.

The PRZ feature work properly with PTE

I have now a problem with the opacity.

Should I work on the opacity of the single images of the 3D form, or could I work directly on the form itself, like for PRZ?

Thanks

Saluti

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

The question is a little too vague to answer without knowing the specifics of what you are trying to do.

In general, if you want an entire 3D object to become invisible there are easy and hard ways to do this. The easiest way to make the entire object disappear is to place it inside a mask and keyframe the opacity of the "mask container" to zero. You could keframe the individual components of the object but depending on the complexity of the construction, this could be a rather awkward way of doing this.

First create the 3D object then collapse the construct to the basic elements using the + and - signs to make it easy to deal with. Then you can "cut" it to put the 3D object on the Windows Clipboard. Next add your mask and then paste the object into the mask and control the opacity by keyframing the Mask Container.

If the 3D object has its own controlling frame, you can control the PZR with this frame. If there is no controlling frame, you could place the entire mask beneath a frame and control the PZR by controlling the frame.

Best regards,

Lin