WnSoft Forums

RADIO "LADY" GAGA "Revised".

Guest Yachtsman1

The song is great, the images are just fine but surely you could have made a better attempt at putting the two together. No synchronisation with what must be the easiest piece of music to sync to. Sorry, why not have another go.

Guest Yachtsman1

The song is great, the images are just fine but surely you could have made a better attempt at putting the two together. No synchronisation with what must be the easiest piece of music to sync to. Sorry, why not have another go.

Maybe you should give it a try, I actually had 3 attempts at doing this using 3 different methods, on the fly, peak waveforms & guessing. Despite it sounding easy, there is an underlying sub beat which doesn't show up on the waveform, only when heard so it needs to be done on the fly to get it accurate, I tried 3 times to do this & ended up using up the images 30 seconds before the end of the track. Finally, I'm not on top form at present, so if my health improves, I may give it another go. What I really wanted to do I agree I didn't accomplish, maybe I will try again.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Just to explain the problem a little more. I currently use the half waveform view at the maximum height. When you look at the waveform in Audacity you can see the sub peaks on the lower side of the waveforms. Another reason I think the timing for the on the fly method was out, I expanded the waveform horizontally to make the spikes more discernable, so the pointer was flashing across the screen fast. If I'm in the mood I'll give it another try tomorrow, unfortunately I've run out of free Lady Gaga pics & don't want to shorten the track. Incidentally the end fade is exactly as the Queen "The Works" track, so it is a little abrupt, in case someone mentions this.

Yachtsman1. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

post-5560-0-33789400-1396303545_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-12294200-1396303555_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-44801800-1396303570_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-50389200-1396303578_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Just tried Audacities analyser, I think the screen shot will give those who try to do the same with this kind of track will see the problem.

Yachtsman.

post-5560-0-31159500-1396305682_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-79413000-1396305927_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

I downloaded some extra images last night & added these this morning. The transition were done on the fly all 92 of them now, one of the most difficult shows I have done to co-ordinate the sound track, it's still not perfect, but good enough. Thanks to Mick for being bold enough to tell me the home truths which spurred me on. Dedicated to Grand-daughter Fedra the photographer, our own Lady Gaga.

Yachtsman1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2d5dkkrrg68iqx/RADIO%20%20LADY%20%20GAGA%20r1.zip

post-5560-0-28828000-1396338379_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

That's so much better - well done. I must admit trying to sync 96 times is a bit daunting and the one show I did with similar quick transitions, I divided the number beats over say 30 seconds to get a time for each beat and then made the length of each slide a multiple of this. If there are tempo changes as with Radio Gaga then you have to do it in sections but even then it runs out and needs some manual adjustment.

BTW, Radio Gaga is my second most favourite Queen track, hence the interest.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Mick

I'm an avid Queen fan, after seeing them on Live Aid. I bought the Works album & since then a few others. I still get the hairs on the back of my neck standing up when Freddy sings the last line of "Those Were the Days of our Lives". I even have a Royal Philharmonic album of Queen orchestrals. :rolleyes:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

This is a good exercise, an exercise that more people should do. I see a lot of precise cuts that are spot-on. Others I do not like in the same way, I would regard them a very short time too late. You may sit in front of your show and clap your hands to the beats 1 and 3, while looking at your transitions. Do clap and transition precisely come at the same time, or it there a slight difference? You should prefer to place the cuts on beat 1 (or sometimes 1 and 3), and this happens in many places, but not all. Towards the end you place the transitions according to the snare drum (or whatever sounds like a snare drum). In popular music, the snare drum normally puts a stress on the beats 2 and 4, while the accents in the melody are (where they should be) typically on 1, perhaps on 3. As said above, the latter ones are the positions where the transitions should be placed. :)

Regards,

jt