WnSoft Forums

Photoshop resolution and size

Ronniebootwest

I posted the following thread on the other PTE Forum the other day and I seem to have confused everybody who has read it. Does anyone on this forum understand what I am trying to achieve?

And still I do not seem to have got my problem across to you all - it must be me I guess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me try again!

1. First open an image in Photoshop.

2. You will notice that the blue bar across the top of the image will show the name of

the file and it's percentage, e.g. 25% and the image itself will be fully displayed.

3. Now click the 'Actual Pixels' tab on the top of your screen - the 25% will change to 100% but the image will now be 'zoomed in' and only part of it will be displayed on the screen.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to change the % to 100 so that ALL OF THE IMAGE IS STILL DISPLAYED ON THE SCREEN. (NOT ZOOMED IN)

See my reply under the other thread.

Ron [uK]

I have not been in here for a long time and have not been following the problem so to get the full image back down into the image window keyboard shortcut.... hold control button and keep hitting the minus button until you are happy with the size , to enlarge same thing only hit the plus button maybe someone with enough time on their hands will make up a list of all the keyboard shortcuts for this rockin prog hope this helps one last thing if you keep all this under the one thread heading it would help everyone to help you I could not find the original post B)

The original post is in Pictures to Exe Presentations - go there please otherwise we will all lose our way.

Ron [uK]

Ronnie

If I understand you correctly you are displaying your image at print size. At 72 ppi your image will be too big for the screen at 100%.

Not sure why you want to have it all showing at 100% but the answer is to increase the resolution. Don't resample the image though.

bbdigital

Barry

Please see my post above. I have tried to stop this topic being split down the middle and have already given a full answer.

Ron [uK]

If I've grasped what you're asking correctly, I think you may have missed the following point. When Photoshop is displaying an image at 100% it means one pixel on the screen equates to one pixel of the original image. Hence, to display all of a picture on the screen at 100% you're going to have to reduce the size of your image in Photoshop.

Steve

Why have you opened up this thread again? All the answers are in the original thread in Pictures to Exe Presentations. See above.

Ron [uK]

Ron - you are right and I am sorry.

Please go to the original thread in the PTE Presentation forum for a complete story. Incidently, I still have no real answers to my problem - that is my fault though because I seem to have confused everyone with the way I asked the question.

Go over to the other forum and I will explain again.