WnSoft Forums

Gloucester Docks.

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

This is a show from a couple of years ago, now up-loaded to Slideshow Club. This show is compiled using pictures taken during a holiday to Ross on Wye. It depicts the historic old dockland area of Gloucester which has been rejuvenated to provide an area to visit by land or water. We spent a sunny morning there taking lots of pictures. The show runs for just under 6 minutes & contains a few video clips. It is a 95MB download & the cameras used were a Panasonic FZ150 & a Nikon D40. 16-9 aspect ratio.
Yachtsman1.

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/130-gloucester-docks/

post-5560-0-02339700-1397203262_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-30008400-1397203289_thumb.jp

Eric

For some time I have noticed that the information you have posted which appears under your avatar is too long and overspills that area. It clashes with the text of your threads. That area doesn't seem best suited for a long web addresses. Any chance you can tidy that up so it looks neat.

Guest Yachtsman1

Ken

I can assure you it's there. There is a rule that you can only upload 5 shows per month & no more than 2 a week. When this happened before, I had exceeded my quota. I can understand why there should be a limit, but IMO it should be in total MB not show numbers.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

thanks for the info

in future maybe not post till the average person can get it -- save some confusion

too bad my original post was not answered by somebody who the wrote all the restrictions

instead of encouraging experimentation it would appear that discouraging is the way to go :(

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

Ken

According to my SSC stats I haven't posted anything in April, however I do know there was on show waiting in the wings & although that shows as a March up-load it has probably gone into my April quota. IMO it would be much better if the quota is full you were prevented from uploading and the reason flagged automatically, that way if you were anxious to publish it you could use one of the other hosting sites.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-78151400-1397425152_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Ken it's not the uploaders that have trouble it's the downloaders with the pop ups etc. I don't have paid accounts to either Drop Box or Mediafire but don't have problems using them.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

This is a show from a couple of years ago, now up-loaded to Slideshow Club. This show is compiled using pictures taken during a holiday to Ross on Wye. It depicts the historic old dockland area of Gloucester which has been rejuvenated to provide an area to visit by land or water. We spent a sunny morning there taking lots of pictures. The show runs for just under 6 minutes & contains a few video clips. It is a 95MB download & the cameras used were a Panasonic FZ150 & a Nikon D40. 16-9 aspect ratio.

Yachtsman1.

http://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/130-gloucester-docks/

Eric,

Perhaps we need to do as Ken suggests and not post something on this forum about your shows on Slideshowclub until they are actually available. Might help stop some confusion.

Regards,

Bill

Guest Yachtsman1

Bill

I'm a prolific producer of PTE shows as you are probably aware, if SSC is to enforce a limit there should be some way of advising the poster their limit has been reached. I use Dropbox & Mediafire without any limitations so I don't have to worry about uploading on there. As the shows on SSC are vetted before making live I'm sure it wouldn't be rocket science to introduce a counter so the uploader could decide if their limit was reached & to upload elsewhere. I realise this would probably only apply to me at the moment as there doesn't seem to be much traffic from elsewhere, maybe this will improve as the summer progresses.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.